I got harassed one game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

blastatack

12-05-2012

I know this was a while ago
But I said happy Passover (I'm Jewish) and he harassed me using the word n a z i which is really offensive an how he used it actually made me a 24 year old cry. Not just any cry but one like when someone died you knew I feel like riot needs to censor and word that is a bad word out
Meaning if someone type gjdhd(bad word)gddjd it should be blocked out or if they repeat a letter or one different letter separation them disclosing like association

TLDR improve the censor out feature... Read bottom of the post

Yeeehawww

12-05-2012

I don't really know why that would offend you when it doesn't even make sense to call a jewish person a nazi. If Riot censored everything that anyone could consider offensive, we wouldn't be able to type anything at all. You should really try and learn how to not be overly sensitive to such little things.

By all means report the guy for it, but come on.

blastatack

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeeehawww View Post
I don't really know why that would offend you when it doesn't even make sense to call a jewish person a nazi. If Riot censored everything that anyone could consider offensive, we wouldn't be able to type anything at all. You should really try and learn how to not be overly sensitive to such little things.

By all means report the guy for it, but come on
I can not repeat he said on the forums but he did say go die in gas chamber which is The most offensive thing to me
Also making fun of the holocaust hopefully he is perma banned

Haljegh

12-06-2012

Ignore and report, if the player consistently behaves like this, he will be eating timebans and eventually a permban.

Bane1998

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haljegh View Post
Ignore and report, if the player consistently behaves like this, he will be eating timebans and eventually a permban.
Yeah, he'll get handled in time, I wouldn't worry about it. That being said, censor isn't the answer to everything. No matter how smart you make a filter, people will work around it. And even so, it has a lot to do with context. 'Nazi' isn't necessarily a bad term. Consider for some reason a conversation comes up about history and someone is explaining what a Nazi was. I mean, far fetched... sure.

My point is word filters I think pretty much fail at their mission universally, while also causing undesired collateral damage.

Anyway, report and mute people who harass you, and in time, they will reform, or be cleaned out of the system.