Wait penalty for leaving during champ select

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hunna211

12-05-2012

Ok, so this is just ridiculous. I get that there has to be something in place to keep people from leaving b/c they don't like their comp or the other team's comp, got counter picked, w/e the reason. I get that. But I literally waste hours every day being unable to queue b/c of trolls at the champ select screen. There needs to be something in place to not penalize someone for dodging b/c someone on their team is already trolling before the game even starts.

Example (this happened): I call jungle and am 4th pick for my team. Everyone on team but 1 person calls other lanes and everything is fine. Somehow malph avoids getting banned. Our first pick (who was going to play mid) asks if anyone wants malph. I say "ya, ill jungle with him". No one says anything against it. So he picks malph for me. We work out which mid champ I am going to pick out for him, still nothing said. Other team gets their first 2 picks. Now it's back to my team. Our 2nd pick insta-locks warwick with smite. Great, he just ****ed me out of jungle and now gonna have to swap top laner to malph and I'll jungle with something else. No. Our 3rd pick locks in riven 10 sec later. So now we have 3 champs picked, with no adc, support, or mid lane champs. Really? How are people so ****ing clueless to see that someone just ****ed us by picking a jungle when the lane was already called, and that the champ who was going to jungle now has to top, but still picks a top lane champ. So I dodge the game seeing as these kids can't even think enough to make it past champ select screen. But now I have to wait 30 min, b/c other people have downs and troll on the champ select screen?

The first week the new season started (when placements were going on) I dodged more queues than I played b/c of kids trolling from champ select screen. Either someone else called the lane they wanted, or it was a last pick refusing to support and trolling with pick, etc.

There needs to be something to prevent this. Maybe a vote system? If the other 4 members of your team vote you to be a troll, you get removed and placed on the 30 min wait. This not only prevents people from having to dodge b/c of trolls, but also punishes the troll at the same time. I just find it ridiculous I get punished for leaving a queue due to someone else trolling.

FearOfTheFlesh

12-05-2012

I don't think they need a system like that but instead a more reasonable punishment for dodging. For instance making you gain zero ip for the next 3 games you play. This would discourage people from dodging but not target their ranking when they have legitimate reasons to dodge a game.

There should also be a "meta game" option as well as a "no chat game" option that you can check off before the match. If meta game option is selected players in order are allowed to pick champs, when one champ in a meta role is picked, all champs assigned to that same role become unselectable (for champs that are in 2 or more positions in current meta they can remain selectable). This option would be selected by those that wish it and not by those that don't. Similarly with the no chat option. But I think both are needed as options because if they are just self-imposed you put yourself at a disadvantage compared to your opponent.

As for what would happen if a player is last pick and for some reason doesn't have enough champs in the role remaining, in that case that player can be allowed to play any of their existing champs but if the team decides to dodge would receive no penalty.

Hypnagogia

12-06-2012

ramping penalties would be fine. I also like the no IP idea.

1st dodge: no penalty
2nd: 5 minutes
3rd: 15, no IP 2 games
4th: 30 minutes, no IP 4 games
5th: personal message from riot saying you're an ass

ScarbowTonyGor

12-06-2012

All I got to say is, if they lower the penalty, people will keep leaving. This is damn frustrating because I actually have 6 or 7 straight queue dodgers. You know how much time was wasted in total?

For each dodger: 9 players * 90 seconds = 810 seconds = 13.5 minutes.

This number gets much bigger if you count in all the players and all the leavers.

poipo32

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2012

I would love to be able to avoid trolls without such a harsh penalty, but no IP for X games is a terrible idea.
That is an even worst punishment and people will troll because they won't get any IP anyway.

xTheBigD

12-06-2012

Yeah I hate this.

shycadet

12-06-2012

There is alot of things that Riot should change about the que and loading screen. The penalty spiking frm 5 mins to 20 in normal is pretty ridiculous. Yeah I get they are trying to stop ppl from leaving, but I think they were trying to stop the trolls, not the actual ppl who already see it's going to be a **** game with one troll that is already chanting "Nah dude, I'm mid. If you go then there will be two mids TROLOLOLOLOLOL"

I get its a courtesy call and that ppl QQ about it all the time, but when you think about it- more ppl listen to the courtesy then troll the system. It's like some type of underline knowledge of "hey the dude called it first, suck it up and pick something else". And when ppl understand that courtesy, things run so much smoothly.

The other day, if you will not believe, someone called mid and another person had Kat. The person who called mid asked if they could have Kat because that was there mid of choice, and the guy actually gave it up and said "sure man, I'll top or something"

Riot should ENCOURAGE this behavior, and if this behavior isn't met, some how punish the people who screw honest players over because not only do these guys have nothing to do and are playing league, they have nothing to do AND want to TROLL leauge

Stew514

12-06-2012

I think 5 minutes is reasonable, but it should scale after that. If you leave a second game in a row it should go to 10 and continue doubling until the person actually finishes a game. Generally speaking though, this is more of a community problem where people want the role they want and they'll be jerks about it one way or the other.

To me calling it isn't sufficient, it's one of my big pet peeves but selecting Ashe for example is the equivalent of calling bottom. Now I'm all for discussing it, but personally speaking I would rather wait 5 minutes then start a game with a player who insta locks a champion without discussing it with the team first, because I think it's a bull**** move.

shycadet

12-06-2012

All in all, it's just hard to single out the trolls from the honest players who just want to play with teamwork and win. It sucks that those ppl are the ones who are usually pentalized, not the trolls. Because the trolls aren't the one dodging games, why would they? They are the ones saying "2 MID. Matter of fact all mid!" or "Two jungles! Yay. I dont care if you called it, locked in, and have smite at the ready, we will both jungle."

So when it's like that, when they honestly dont give a **** about what happens, why would those ppl dodge. It's the others who get pentalized.