How to act in different game modes.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Prandine

12-05-2012

Lately I've been noticing that in custom games, most noticeably in hide and seek games, that some players will join just to troll the games or curse someone out and either promptly leave or get banned by the owner. Now since I make h&s games myself, this is very annoying and also sad to see from some players of this community. Below is a list of guidelines that I hope will help teach players how to act.

Note that though this mostly is geared toward the custom game mode, it also carries over to the other different types of game modes as well.

1. Follow the rules the host sets in place: Each player will often have different rules for their specific games. For example, I like to make my hide and seek games with the line "no trolls/cursing", which means I don't want people who are gonna troll or people who are gonna constantly swear (for the last one they often join just to curse me out in the game lobby chat). Now don't get me wrong, I don't mind a little bit of cursing as I know it can be a force of habit to curse (even though you have to actually waste time typing it out in chat), but since allot of people usually swear out the wazoo, it's better safe than sorry. If you want to play but refuse to follow the game owner's rules, then please just do us all a favor and simply just don't join at all whatsoever,

2. Be respectful to fellow players: The golden rule says to treat others the way you want to be treated, so by acting like a jerk to people you pretty much ruin the whole game experience for friend/ally and foe alike, as no one wants to play with someone who's constantly acting like a troll and/or is constantly cursing at teammates and enemies alike. if you're respectful to your fellow players, then you can have an enjoyable game experience, regardless of whether you win or lose that particular game.

3. Listen to your fellow players: Let's face it, we're all human and often times we will make mistakes both in real life and in-game. Sometimes players will try to calmy and respectfully explain to you what mistake you made (i.e. only 1 frozen mallet on the seeker team in the hide&seek game). It's usually in your best interest to listen to what they have to say and work to try to fix the mistake you made. If you do, then usually you'll be able to perform better than you would before.

These are only some rules/guidelines on how to act in different game modes. If you liked what you read then feel free to give this post a thumbs up and/or post what you liked about it in the comments section below. If you didn't like it then please tell me what you didn't like about it (respectfully of course). I hope you enjoyed this and thank you for your time.