Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Community- Do I deserve this ban?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Prenn

12-05-2012

I get home from work. I queue games. I play like 3-4 games a night week days. 5-6 games a day weekends. Meaning out of all of these games, I play quite a bit more then what is shown in this report.

I was time banned in the tribunal. Im asking you for your opinion on my cases. Please read everything in my cases, not only what I said. Let me know what you think, and if I deserve this ban.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/en/case/6016022/#nogo

Quote:
MAN1MAL:
stop caring so much about your team. you will just drive yourself insane. i don't think you did anything that over the top, maybe a little frustrated which caused you to react to people (just an assumption based on chat since i can't actually see the gameplay to know context). when it comes to the tribunal and bans ect it is not about if what you're saying is right or wrong or if you're blaming the right person (nobody judging your case has the information to know these things), it's about how you do it/what you say. any time anybody does anything you don't like or agree with your only option is to ignore it unless you want to be banned...because without context like actual game footage or champ select all you can go off is words.

I have 10 to 1 games where I did influence my team in a positive way though. I wish that were looked at in the tribunal too though.

Quote:
adhlas:
Think before you type anything in the chat box. Think again before you hit enter.

It's fine to be yourself, but just consider whether the other people in your chat will be offended by what you say. Don't talk trash. Don't tell people to report someone. If you're not an ass to people, they won't report you. Simple as that.

If you get in the middle of an argument with someone, grin and bear it. You probably won't have to play with them ever again.

Game 1: That's fine.

Game 2: You are well within your means with regards to your language, but can you feel how crappy you must have made that Elise feel? If the answer is no, then you really should not have talked as much as you did. I know you weren't attacking her play specifically, but dude. If you read that type of talk about your play, you'd feel like **** too, right? It's not Elise's fault she's just not doing as well as Maokai, though you find it in yourself to initiate the conversation and praise Maokai endlessly while not trying to encourage Elise to do better. You do sound like you have good intentions, but you're not going the right way in exhibiting them. Maybe instead of the...

Brand [All] [00:18:55] that 1 person can just throw the game completely
Brand [All] [00:19:02] while another in the same spot
Brand [All] [00:19:04] meaning mao
Brand [All] [00:19:07] can do fantastic
Draven [All] [00:19:13] AAAND RYZE
Brand [All] [00:19:15] and on the flip side **** you endlessly

Your talk as Brand was completely unnecessarily. You're accusing Elise of throwing the game, when perhaps this Elise was just trying out the champion and trying to get a grip on what Elise does. If this was ranked, I guess I can understand your impatience with trying to get your team to play to its fullest, but this just wasn't the right way to go about it. And yes, you're talking more than necessary. Chats are good, but they're about someone in your game and how not well they're doing, please have them in a chat message after game or something.

Game 4 was skipped because it was a Dominion game. No insult to Dominion or the fact that two of your five cases was a Dominion game, but it's frankly not as important right now.
Game 5:
Brand [00:10:48] more like you cant support
Zyra [00:10:55] more like stfu
Brand [00:11:36] step 1
Brand [00:11:40] understand supports
Brand [00:11:41] step 2
Brand [00:11:51] try and intergade a DPS as a support
Brand [00:11:55] you failed step 1

Insult #1. You called Zyra bad. These people you're playing with. They have feelings too, you know. Once again, if you read it as the other direction, with you on Zyra, and a random person on the Internet as Brand, wouldn't you feel bad? Even if the answer to this is no, there will be some people out there who will feel ****ty after reading your chat messages.

Brand [00:21:53] listen
Brand [00:21:58] theyre ganging up on mid
Brand [00:22:01] help me out
Brand [00:22:04] bot that means you too
Brand [00:22:08] since you caused this problem
Brand [00:22:17] its been 2v1 mid this entire game
Brand [00:22:34] pass this

No, neither the game nor the world revolves around you. They probably grouped mid because they've taken everything else. That being said, maybe that's your cue to backup and wait for reinforcement. If you're getting pushed mid and your teammates aren't coming, maybe that's because they're trying to farm and catch up. Here, you're trying to lay the blame on teammates, which is never a good thing. It's true they may have played incompetently in your eyes, but suck it up, try to get your teammates' attention, and don't tell them that they f'ed up. They know they screwed up (and clearly, i.e., tower down or cs denied) and they don't need someone else telling them that...especially someone else who's not doing so well him/herself.

TL;DR: You're not the worst troll. Heck, you're not even that bad of one. You're just having trouble seeing your messages from the viewpoints of your teammates. If you have a friend who doesn't play League, have them come over one time to see you playing. Ask this person to lightly censor your chat. If you're about to go into a prolonged discussion about how one of your lanes or your jungler screwed up their role, make sure your friend (friend may be imaginary if necessary) asks you, "Is that something you really want and need to say?" "Will that be a message I want to send to everyone?" Stress is high enough in the game already, and the veiled insults (and sometimes not so veiled insults) you show in Games 2 and 5 make someone else's playing experience suboptimal.

TL;DR Edit: I would have reported you, but your case was pretty close to a pardon for me.

This was a good post. I understand your point in terms of the Elise game. That is correct that its extremely possible that she felt bad. And I actually attempted to give her an out, since I saw she was getting aggressive.

Elise [00:03:37] good thing you comitted to that
Brand [00:03:42] I had minions on me man
Brand [00:03:49] I had to drinkl a health pot because of that alone
Elise [00:03:52] midlane problems
Brand [00:04:01] you shouldnt have followed that
Brand [00:04:06] dont act like its my fault
Brand [00:04:18] but
Brand [00:04:20] its still ok
Elise [00:04:22] passive aps are zzz
Brand [00:04:22] lets move past it

She then went right from "lets move past it" to insulting kennen.

Zyra, she was worse then Elise. She was insulting mao every time he did anything. I even remember that game. Mao started the normal Wraiths then blue, while he was stacking wraiths, Zyra yelled out "fail rute". After I said that was his best rout, Mao goes

"no gusta" meaning "No like"
then Zyra responds "voy a feedear" which means "I feed"

She died 3 times then Mao types

"si la feedean...." which means "if feeding" or in other words "if this Zyra is feeding"

Mao then went bottom to gank their lane because I asked him. They had river bush warded. It was smart because Zyra had 3 deaths already in a short, short amount of time. Since the bush was warded bot just walked away back to their tower then mao came and ganked mid and we got a kill, then Zyra goes...

"Noob Mao"

Right after that both of them died and lost the tower 10 minutes into the game.

She was clearly just trolling in Spanish, which I know a little of.

They then came mid...

Zyra [00:10:55] more like stfu
Brand [00:11:36] step 1
Brand [00:11:40] understand supports
Brand [00:11:41] step 2
Brand [00:11:51] try and intergade a DPS as a support
Brand [00:11:55] you failed step 1
Zyra [00:11:56] stfu
Brand [00:11:58] stop talking ****
Brand [00:12:42] jesus

Quote:
SpatenMiinchen:
You got banned because you have a bad attitude. Are you an overally toxic player -- harassing, name calling, using offensive language? No not really.

However the cases show a clear pattern of talking down to your teammates (ridiculing them) and then passing blame on to them, which is rude, not enjoyable to play with and falls under breaking the summoners code for having a negative attitude.

To get punished for having a negative attitude, a person needs to be exceptionally negative. These cases show excessively negative behavior.

From personal experience I can tell you that playing with people who act like this makes the game draining to play. I only play normals and play for fun. Having a teammate boss people around (from the onset of the game no less), persistantly put others down while blaming everyone else is not fun. In this respect the behavior is toxic.

I judge cases at 97% accuracy in the Tribunal and I would not hesitate to punish this case.

Yeah I understand your point. I was raised in a family which owns a trucking business. Everyone in my family swears and is a little aggressive, but is extremely successful across the board. Dont get me wrong, they are fully functioning people, but if you make a mistake someone will bring it up. Along with that, my family doesnt hesitate to swear.

Maybe that normality for me comes off as abusive...

The thing is though, I conciser myself a nice person. If someones willing to show effort, regardless of how well or bad you do. Im not going to shut you down. If anyone ever says "hey guys Im losing my lane sorry about that" Ill never rage back going "well you should have done X and Y different" even though Im aware of what those mean. I really only do that if someones insisting they did nothing wrong. And thats possibly my downfall.

Quote:
turrdfergason:
you absolutely deserve this ban.

Every game starts out the same, you talking trying to give advice about playing. Then you begin to suck it up and complain about every one else.

I know people like you, when things are going good they are your best friend, when they are going bad they turn on you.

Instead of you stepping your game up and dominating you have scores of 3/5 2/7 and are blaming everyone else.

Learn to play and quit talking

I play on average 20 - 30 games a week. These cases are me at my worst. There are plenty more of the other games where I have done just as bad and said nothing, or I have carried and said nothing. I dont think my worst is that bad.

Pheanus

12-05-2012

Yes, game 2, 4 and 5. Negative attitude and language.

Prenn

12-05-2012

Hey. Can I get some honest posts here? Someone who reads my cases and tells me if I deserve this.... as apposed to downvotes.

mambawarrior0

12-05-2012

Quote:
Prenn:
Hey. Can I get some honest posts here? Someone who reads my cases and tells me if I deserve this.... as apposed to downvotes.

I'm still reading.
Give me time.

WukongBR

12-05-2012

Games 2,3,4,5. Don't even try and act innocent here broskie.

Prenn

12-05-2012

Quote:
Pheanus:
Yes, game 2, 4 and 5. Negative attitude and language.

As for game 2, that was like my first ranked, I just tired to guide people. Then everyone fed.

As for game 4. Rengar was talking **** the entire game to everyone, and I was trying to make him calm down. Did you read all of his typing?

As for game 5, Zyra was calling everyone a feeder and insulting Mao. I was trying to defend him. Should I not have done that?

These are honest questions.

Prenn

12-05-2012

Quote:
WukongBR:
Games 2,3,4,5. Don't even try and act innocent here broskie.

Game 3 I had a kat which locked in the last few seconds spamming "**** u2" into chat over and over. To avoid conflict I went bottom. She then fed horribly in mid then started to blame me. I pointed all that out in chat... if you read it.

mambawarrior0

12-05-2012

That was completely deserved.
I read all cases like you said.
You should improve your behavior instead of trying to justify it, because you are quite toxic and I know for sure I would not want you in my games.
Also, you only get to the Tribunal after a large amount of reports, and it takes a completely random sampling of those reports to build your case. Out of the random samples, ALL were justified reports, 4 for extremely negative attitude and 1 for AFKing, so that leads me to believe your behavior is not nearly as rare as you claim.

IS1eaace443cfa57f050da6

12-05-2012

seems like tribunal working

Prenn

12-05-2012

Quote:
mambawarrior0:
That was completely deserved.
I read all cases like you said.
You should improve your behavior instead of trying to justify it, because you are quite toxic and I know for sure I would not want you in my games.
Also, you only get to the Tribunal after a large amount of reports, and it takes a completely random sampling of those reports to build your case. Out of the random samples, ALL were justified, 4 for extremely negative attitude and 1 for AFKing, so that leads me to believe your behavior is not nearly as rare as you claim.

I dont know though man. Ive played 4000 games. Ive been playing for 2 years now. I dont understand why Im in the tribunal now, when I wasnt before. I was warned like 3 weeks ago, now Im banned. Ive been playing for 2 years like this.