Why Riot games? Why would you suspend for disconnecting?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Slyjak1

Recruiter

12-05-2012

OK so my account is suspended but why? I left a game due to my internet being down, not because I rage quit or left because i had to go. I always finish my matches, I only disconnected, like I did today. Why would you even suspend some one for leaving a match because their internet went down and they couldn't do anything about it, this is completely unfair and just ridiculous. I heard that riot games isn't behind this but by another company leaver buster that was the intent of this message in the first place, to figure out why suspend and who does this? Some one answered but others gave meaningless smart mouth comments that aren't related to the topic...

Calys Teneb

12-05-2012

Because it's hard to detect someone losing their internet and someone rage pulling their cable out of the modem. Further, you don't get banned for leaving a match. You get banned for leaving a higher than normal percentage of your matches.

The Soraka

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2012

you only get suspended if you leave games often.

That means you get disconnected from games often, and you aren't doing anything about it, costing the other members of your team a good time.

Don't leave games.

notanxj9smurf

12-05-2012

you will not recieve a leaver penalty if it's a rare occurance.

you leave games all the time, and you will.

therefore, you are trying to rationalize your situation with victim language, when you know full well you deserve it.

Slyjak1

Recruiter

12-05-2012

I don't leave games often i disconnect from games often and Ive tried everything to fix my computer this just seems to happen to me all the time, might be good to go get a new computer :/

TheRazoth

12-05-2012

if you are DCing all the time, you should stay out of match-made games until you can fix it. Custom games aren't monitored by leaverbuster.

Kedali

12-05-2012

Whether or not you mean to leave a game doesn't change the fact that you are making it 4v5.

Ding an Sich

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyjak1 View Post
OK so my account is suspended but why? I left a game due to my internet being down, not because I rage quit or left because i had to go. I always finish my matches, I only disconnected, like I did today. Why would you even suspend some one for leaving a match because their internet went down and they couldn't do anything about it, this is completely unfair and just ridiculous.
As others have said, if you were banned from leaving, it was automated by leaver buster, so literally not a single living riot employee even looked at you when this happened. And why it happens is because you are actively degrading the experiences of 9 other people. You may not be trying to do it, but by actively doing this while knowing other players are suffering, is enough riot will ban you for a small time frame.

You aren't banned because your necessarily toxic, you just need to try and fix you stuff before you can go out and play.

Heliostorm

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyjak1 View Post
I don't leave games often i disconnect from games often and Ive tried everything to fix my computer this just seems to happen to me all the time, might be good to go get a new computer :/

Regardless of why you're still consistently ruining games for 4 other people.

Slyjak1

Recruiter

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0TsarBomb0 View Post
Regardless of why you're still consistently ruining games for 4 other people.
I am not ruining the game on purpose so why are you blaming this on me? Its not like i was all like oh, I am just going to abandon my team for fun. Why would any one do that?