Why do people hate the rich?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Logios

Senior Member

12-06-2012

As someone who has had many poor and rich friends through out my life, I can say that in my experience my "rich" friends are nicer, smarter and more fun to hang out with.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Powerstoned

Member

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elan Tedronai View Post
What place do you know of that offers a home owner's wage on entry level positions? We do. And we still can't get people to stick around because people don't want to work.
Wow, so your company is really nice, and with that logic, your company would pay someone 40-60 an hour for the same job in most cities in america. Awesome.

We both know your company is simply benefiting from being in a city that had a mass exodus of jobs and people so no one wants to live there. We all remember the stories about <$1000 homes in detroit a few years back, but those houses didn't mean the employers in the area paying minimum wage were all of a sudden some godsend to responsible adult workers. If you live in a place where its cheaper to buy a house than a new car, your story/opinion is not applicable to america's problem with jobs.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dobagoh

Member

12-06-2012

Can't get people to stick around because you treat them like children..and pay them like children too


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Logios

Senior Member

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elan Tedronai View Post
Not pay taxes? Sure, I can see that. But jobs? LOL. What gives anyone a right to a job more than anyone else? What entitles John Smith to that job more than Josť Martinez? The work ethic of Americans entering the workforce is abysmal. Our company starts at $11/hr which might not seem like much compared to other areas but when you can buy good decent livable houses around here for $20-30k, it's a decent wage for unskilled labor. If you don't mind living in a real fixer upper, you can get houses around here for $10-15k. This is the first house I ever bought and I bought it for $27k. Easily affordable for someone on an $11/hr wage.

Attachment 569549

Even with our good wages we can't find people willing to work. People say it's impossible to find a job but that's because they aren't willing to work. Oh, we have bucketfuls of people coming in to look for a job but we also have bucketfuls of people leaving because they pointed out for not showing up. People just don't want to work for a living. They want to be entitled to an awesome paycheck for next to no work.
$11/hr is garbage. Of course an $11/hr employee is going to have a ****ty work ethic, you get what you pay for. I don't go to Walmart and buy $10 jeans and expect them to last more than a couple of washings. That employee has no reason to give a **** about working hard since if he gets fired he can go to any fast food and make as much or more. If you want employees to care then pay a competitive wage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elan Tedronai View Post
What place do you know of that offers a home owner's wage on entry level positions?
If you consider $11/hr a home owners wage then I can list a few:

McDonald's Fry Cook
Domino's Delivery
Walmart Greeter
etc


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ThaBizness

Senior Member

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerstoned View Post
We all remember the stories about <$1000 homes in detroit.
Those homes also have severe fire damage from Devils Night and squatters that have been ****ting and pissing on the floors for months. They are unlivable.

I would pay anyone here to live in one of those houses in those neighborhoods. I would even pay for the house and all expenses, only requirement is they would have to live there for a month. Dieing cancels the deal.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elan Tedronai

Senior Member

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerstoned View Post
Wow, so your company is really nice, and with that logic, your company would pay someone 40-60 an hour for the same job in most cities in america. Awesome.

We both know your company is simply benefiting from being in a city that had a mass exodus of jobs and people so no one wants to live there. We all remember the stories about <$1000 homes in detroit a few years back, but those houses didn't mean the employers in the area paying minimum wage were all of a sudden some godsend to responsible adult workers. If you live in a place where its cheaper to buy a house than a new car, your story/opinion is not applicable to america's problem with jobs.
You say, "Pay more money. That's the problem. Not the workers' work ethic." I present evidence showing that people still don't want to work hard despite being given the opportunity to earn a livable wage that requires no skills. We even occasionally higher out of the local training program that trains the mentally disabled for working. If someone isn't even willing to do a job for a livable wage that a mentally retarded person could do there's not much hope. You can either vehemently deny there's an issue or you can open your eyes and see the sense of entitlement that has developed in America.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dobagoh

Member

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elan Tedronai View Post
You say, "Pay more money. That's the problem. Not the workers' work ethic." I present evidence showing that people still don't want to work hard despite being given the opportunity to earn a livable wage that requires no skills. We even occasionally higher out of the local training program that trains the mentally disabled for working. If someone isn't even willing to do a job for a livable wage that a mentally retarded person could do there's not much hope. You can either vehemently deny there's an issue or you can open your eyes and see the sense of entitlement that has developed in America.
You're an idiot.

What selfrespecting human being willingly works at a place where they hire down syndrome ******* to do the same work ss them? I would rather fall on my sword


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Powerstoned

Member

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elan Tedronai View Post
You say, "Pay more money. That's the problem. Not the workers' work ethic." I present evidence showing that people still don't want to work hard despite being given the opportunity to earn a livable wage that requires no skills. We even occasionally higher out of the local training program that trains the mentally disabled for working. If someone isn't even willing to do a job for a livable wage that a mentally retarded person could do there's not much hope. You can either vehemently deny there's an issue or you can open your eyes and see the sense of entitlement that has developed in America.
100% honestly here. $11 is not a livable wage in the vast majority of america, especially for anyone over the age of 18 or so.

All your point shows is that in but a couple of overly depressed areas in america, where companies even have to hire the mentally handicapped to work there, $11 is actually livable for the few dozen employees your employer has. Great. Lets all look for these unlikely scenarios in no where land and apply that to america as a whole. Why not at least pretend to be smart, Elan?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elan Tedronai

Senior Member

12-06-2012

You're completely missing the point. You're stuck on the $11/hr. The $11/hr is completely irrelevant and represents a livable wage in any area. Excluding ridiculously high priced locales, adjust that $11/hr to any wage that's required to own a home and use that number instead.

People simply don't need all the $$ they think they do to live comfortably. In one of my jobs after high school I made $9.25/hr and I lived in an area slightly more affluent than this. Not much more, but slightly so. I rented my own apartment, owned my own car and owned my own motorcycle and had enough disposable cash left over to enjoy all the reasonable things a young single guy would want to do and had $0 debt. The apartment wasn't dumpy, the car wasn't a garbage can on wheels and the motorcycle was new.

"If I'm not making $30/hr I might as well be a hobo" is the mindset of a lot of people entering the workforce these days.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dobagoh

Member

12-06-2012

Quote:

"If I'm not making $30/hr I might as well be a hobo" is the mindset of a lot of people entering the workforce these days.
What you say describes college graduates. If you offered to pay a college grad the same as I was making in highschool I would laugh at your face