Why do people hate the rich?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dobagoh

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elan Tedronai View Post
I didn't say they're common in most places in America. I said they're common here. Which means and $11/hr wage here is a decent wage to own a home. Nearly every job in this area pays minimum wage. I mentioned the price of homes in this area to show that $11/hr here is not paltry. It is livable. People still don't want to show up for it.

I couldn't care less if houses are a million dollar elsewhere. In this area where our employees are we pay more than enough to own your own home on entry level positions and people don't want to work for it.
Its probably because you pay them like a high school student

Bilbosky

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeppaNil View Post
I guess you could say it that way, but it's not what I meant really. I just don't like it when people use money to finance their own greed.
I'm guessing you're talking about luxury items? Like private jets and things of that nature? As unnecessary as stuff like that may be, they still drive industry and jobs just like everything else you can go out and buy.

ThaBizness

12-06-2012

Lets say, I play a couple sit n gos and a couple of the bets placed for me come through, I've probably made in an hour what all your 11/hr employees make in an entire day. I have no skills and I sat on my ass all day.

Elan Tedronai

12-06-2012

You're also a fictional character, so there's that...

Powerstoned

12-06-2012

Here's a better way to look at wages, what you or your company pays people, and how you treat them.

I'm not sure what it is in your state, but in my state, the least you can legally pay a 16 year old high school dropout is $9.10 an hour.
If an employer thinks it's employees are worth but $1 or 2 dollars more than that an hour, then they shouldn't expect much at all. If you want responsible people you have to pay them enough to allow them to be responsible. Come up with some adjectives of someone you find responsible. Maybe "skilled"? "educated"? has a family? Maybe is an adult who pays all their bills and isn't on welfare? You can't pay people like a 16 year old kid with no skills.

ThaBizness

12-06-2012

He's not going to get it because he thinks he lives in the 1920s or he thinks everyone is ok with being hobos

Dobagoh

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerstoned View Post
Here's a better way to look at wages, what you or your company pays people, and how you treat them.

I'm not sure what it is in your state, but in my state, the least you can legally pay a 16 year old high school dropout is $9.10 an hour.
If an employer thinks it's employees are worth but $1 or 2 dollars more than that an hour, then they shouldn't expect much at all. If you want responsible people you have to pay them enough to allow them to be responsible. Come up with some adjectives of someone you find responsible. Maybe "skilled"? "educated"? has a family? Maybe is an adult who pays all their bills and isn't on welfare? You can't pay people like a 16 year old kid with no skills.
The best part is the employers think they are doing these people a favor by giving them a job. No, you idiot I'm the one doing you a favor by offering you my time at a fraction of what it is actually worth

ThaBizness

12-06-2012

I don't actually buy it that they do pay people 11/hr. That's just stupid.

Apartments in my area are 1,000/month at the lowest and that's for tiny one room places.

No way adults are working for 11/hr

Dobagoh

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaBizness View Post
I don't actually buy it that they do pay people 11/hr. That's just stupid.

Apartments in my area are 1,000/month at the lowest and that's for tiny one room places.

No way adults are working for 11/hr
Thus my point about making $9/hr in high school ($11 in 2012 accounting for inflation). ElanIs a f-cking joke and so is his employer.

He has yet to respond to me bc he know he is full of fecal matter with his posts itt

Elan Tedronai

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerstoned View Post

Minimum wage is $7.25 which is what most businesses here pay.

We don't need skilled or educated. We pay enough money for a person to own his own decent home and he's not even required to have his GED. If someone isn't even willing to show up to work consistently for a wage that gets him a reasonable life then there's a problem. Let's not forget that these are entry level positions. If someone is actually skilled or educated we can pay significantly more. What place do you know of that offers a home owner's wage on entry level positions? We do. And we still can't get people to stick around because people don't want to work.