Why do people hate the rich?

123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Powerstoned

12-06-2012

We just need to put the top marginal tax rate back to were it was pre reagan...or maybe even eisenhower.
We also should make conspiring to not pay american taxes or ship american jobs overseas treason.

Or to put it another way for the simpletons out there:
If one of those 9/11 firefighters has to give back $.40+ for every dollar he makes to the government (because even sales tax and insurance help take such a bite of lower earnings) , so should EVERYONE else.

Elan Tedronai

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerstoned View Post
We also should make conspiring to not pay american taxes or ship american jobs overseas treason.
Not pay taxes? Sure, I can see that. But jobs? LOL. What gives anyone a right to a job more than anyone else? What entitles John Smith to that job more than Josť Martinez? The work ethic of Americans entering the workforce is abysmal. Our company starts at $11/hr which might not seem like much compared to other areas but when you can buy good decent livable houses around here for $20-30k, it's a decent wage for unskilled labor. If you don't mind living in a real fixer upper, you can get houses around here for $10-15k. This is the first house I ever bought and I bought it for $27k. Easily affordable for someone on an $11/hr wage.

Attachment 569549

Even with our good wages we can't find people willing to work. People say it's impossible to find a job but that's because they aren't willing to work. Oh, we have bucketfuls of people coming in to look for a job but we also have bucketfuls of people leaving because they pointed out for not showing up. People just don't want to work for a living. They want to be entitled to an awesome paycheck for next to no work.

ThaBizness

12-06-2012

People hate on the rich because they are lazy and want to suck everyone down to their level. You really don't have to worry about those people because they aren't really a threat to you if you're driven.

In fact they make it easier to succeed because they take themselves out as competition.

Powerstoned

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elan Tedronai View Post
Not pay taxes? Sure, I can see that. But jobs? LOL. What gives anyone a right to a job more than anyone else? What entitles John Smith to that job more than Josť Martinez? The work ethic of Americans entering the workforce is abysmal. Our company starts at $11/hr which might not seem like much compared to other areas but when you can buy good decent livable houses around here for $20-30k, it's a decent wage for unskilled labor. If you don't mind living in a real fixer upper, you can get houses around here for $10-15k. This is the first house I ever bought and I bought it for $27k. Easily affordable for someone on an $11/hr wage.

Attachment 569549

Even with our good wages we can't find people willing to work. People say it's impossible to find a job but that's because they aren't willing to work. Oh, we have bucketfuls of people coming in to look for a job but we also have bucketfuls of people leaving because they pointed out for not showing up. People just don't want to work for a living. They want to be entitled to an awesome paycheck for next to no work.
<$100k, and really even $200k houses aren't even a.reality in most places in america. There is no such thing as a <$200k "fixer up" house within 30+ miles of my home. That means even if you make $22 an hour, you aren't buying a home. You need to make realistic arguments.

Dobagoh

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elan Tedronai View Post

Attachment 569549

11/hr is a joke. I made 9/hr in high school (that was eight years ago, $9 in 2004 = $11 today. Congrats your employer pays new employees worse than a high school student and you wonder why people don't want to work there? Your arrogance is astounding. You dont do people a favor by giving them a job. The reason you can't get people to work for has nothing to do with their work ethic, its the fact that you treat them like dirt.

faye reagan69

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobagoh View Post
11/hr is a joke. I made 9/hr in high school (that was eight years ago, $9 in 2004 = $11 today. Congrats your employer pays new employees worse than a high school student and you wonder why people don't want to work there? Your arrogance is astounding. You dont do people a favor by giving them a job. The reason you can't get people to work for has nothing to do with their work ethic, its the fact that you treat them like dirt.
If you have no skills and no education don't expect a nice 60k a year job, you are not getting it, ever.

ThaBizness

12-06-2012

Quote:
<$100k, and really even $200k houses aren't even a.reality in most places in america. There is no such thing as a <$200k "fixer up" house within 30+ miles of my home. That means even if you make $22 an hour, you aren't buying a home. You need to make realistic arguments.
10 - 20k houses aren't a reality anywhere unless you want to live in a shack with a soul food/BBQ place on each corner of your street. And by fixer ups, I think he means put bars on the windows

Dobagoh

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by faye reagan69 View Post
If you have no skills and no education don't expect a nice 60k a year job, you are not getting it, ever.
Point? You think the majority of people actually have no skills or education? Even a dumb while like you knows that spreading her legs (takes no education or skills) = $$$

Elan Tedronai

12-06-2012

Quote:
I didn't say they're common in most places in America. I said they're common here. Which means an $11/hr wage here is a decent wage to own a home. Nearly every job in this area pays minimum wage. I mentioned the price of homes in this area to show that $11/hr here is not paltry. It is livable. People still don't want to show up for it.

I couldn't care less if houses are a million dollar elsewhere. In this area where our employees are we pay more than enough to own your own home on entry level positions and people don't want to work for it.

ThaBizness

12-06-2012

11/hr anywhere is not livable and is actually an insult. My Mexican slaves ask for more. If they know the difference then it should be obvious.

123456 ... 7