Kayle can't jungle anymore?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stopkilling0

12-05-2012

I used to jungle Kayle all the time, great in normals, fast clear, ganks lanes, and can still carry.
But with this new jungle, I cant seem to jungle anymore! I've tried it in a few practice games just to make sure. I've tried starting with the new jungle item 5 pots, and i've tried starting cloth armor 5 pots.
With the new jungle item start, I get to red and find I cant do it.
With the cloth armor start, I die at blue after doing wolvs.
Leveling E first... 21/0/9 masteries for buff duration and the damage she needs to carry at mid game... flat armor seals and glyphs, atk speed marks, and flat HP quints.
Even with the teams help at blue, I think I might end my jungle with like, 100 hp, you can't do anything with that!
Also, cloth armor doesent really build into anything she needs, and the new jungle item doesent build into anything she needs (the one that gives you AD is OK but its really not the kind of thing she needs to be effective).
I know I know, maybe Kayle is suited to other lanes, but before she did really well in the jungle and I enjoyed jungling with her.

Is jungle kayle gone forever?! If any of you guys know a solution to this that could help me sustain through the early jungle that would be great, because I dont think im going to jungle her otherwise.

I mean... I could go with a 0/21/9 page or something of the nature, but I feel like with that she is really wasting alot of points. Feedback plz

edit: Putting points into the defense tree seems to be helping, but I worry that this is sacrificing way to much damage that she needs to be that sorta, ADC/Jungle hybrid

murlocmancer

12-05-2012

From what i have heard kayle has improved actually o_O

Stopkilling0

12-05-2012

I don't see how, I am having a really hard time clearing camps, and my runes lead towards a more defense. Opting out mr/level glyphs for more armor, changing ms quints to HP for even more defense. But I'm still having a really difficult time.
But yeah its weird because I heard that too.

Dante Brimscone

12-05-2012

I ran jungle Kayle once before the patch and it felt pretty meh. Was it ever really that good? I've read it was but never once saw it myself, tbh.

Even if she can't are we really hating on a champ that is a beast top, amazing support, underrated mid, and capable ADC? She can do enough as it is.

Stopkilling0

12-05-2012

I always owned with kayle, and it WAS good, lots of guides and such out there for it.
And your absolutely right with the other roles thing, but I heard she was better jungle now and i'm disappointed

Dante Brimscone

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stopkilling0 View Post
And your absolutely right with the other roles thing, but I heard she was better jungle now and i'm disappointed
Why are you disappointed that she's a better jungle?

Bullettime7

12-05-2012

Life Steal quints make a big difference.

Spreek

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2012

Try 9-21-0, 21-9-0, or 11-19-0 for masteries. Run Flat AD quints instead of HP and attack speed (or MR) blues. Start machete. Level E-W-E-Q if you are having trouble clearing. Make sure you don't try to do red without smite.

Strossus Gran

12-05-2012

I was doing fine going 17/13/0 running AS reds and AP quints (standard yellow/blue), going machete+5 and doing E>W>E. Cleared quite fast with no leash and came out at lvl 4 with almost full health.

Haven't tried it in a serious game, but I don't think 1-4 would be all that much different unless you're invading anyway.

Jesus Jon

12-05-2012

What skill order are you doing?

I get a level in W right at level 2 because you'll move between clears faster and heal yourself along the way.

Also, I'm not sure, but my guess is you'd need to run 9 in the defensive tree instead of 9 in the utility tree, but I can see that working just fine really...

Good luck - she was what I was hoping to be my go-to jungler when this went live, but I'm dissapointed with how Riot has approached the S3 jungle, essentially nerfing junglers as a whole while calling it a "buff."

EDIT: Based off of the few posts before it seems that my suspicions are confirmed - you should probably be going 9 in the defensive tree. You could probably make due by sacrificing a few points in the offense tree if you still really want the buff duration perk from the utility tree, but her clears are quite fast, her movement speed is fast, and her ganks are still good even without red or blue.