Gold reward for assists is pathetically low.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gasmy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2012

So I play a support... I support in the killing of champions... and Riot rewards me with 11g, 23g, 17g for different assists??? This is pathetic. It appears now that the LEAST profitable thing for me to do to advance my gear is to assists on champion kills and rather I should farm minions which is both safer and more profitable. 11g... What the devil is that good for. i get killed in the process and only get 11g for entering the dangerous situation. OH! I could have killed that minion right there, earned 15g, and lived. HMMM WHAT'S THE MORE PROFITABLE CHOICE? Riot needs to change the dumb gold reward for champion assists so that IT'S ACTUALLY WORTH IT TO ASSIST AND RISK YOUR LIFE.

Joe Krake

12-05-2012

yeah not like they gave you an ability to get money every time you hit them, or passively increase gold gain or an item that makes wards for you so you don't ave to buy them every time.

Tengen Toppa

12-05-2012

The assist you get may only give you 15g.

But the tower you can take after gives you 150.
The time they're spent dead is denying them gold as well.

It's not a team deathmatch.

PoisonedPeace

12-05-2012

I still get good gold from assists?
You must be auto attacking once then dying lol
I still get anywhere between 80-150 on average.

Wizard Of Ham

12-06-2012

Dude I feel for you. ever since the new patch I have no money as a support even If I'm pokey and have 2 GP/10 items. I'm broke all the time after buying wards!!

I'm not playing support til something is done about this. I don't see any way out of this.

For the record pre-patch support was my absolute most favorite role.

R.I.P. Heart of Gold.

adc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

12-06-2012

If you're only getting 15 gold for a kill, and you're the only assist, that means the person who killed him only gets 30 gold. Assist bounty is 50% (I believe they brought it from 58% to 50%) of the gold for the kill. This means that a person worth 500 gold with one assist on the kill will give the assister 250 gold.

Typhoo Tea

12-06-2012

I'm fine with 50%, when you can now have sightstone which gives you 2 wards placed out at any time, max of 4 wards before you return. IF you place 2 wards every 3 mins this pays for the sightstone after like what a little less than 5 minutes? over a 20-40 minute game you can't even put a price on that, the amount less that you'd end up spending in wards can be spent on other items.

I actually find myself less broke in this patch than the last

adc

Master Recruiter

12-06-2012

Sightstone costs 700 gold. It takes 9.3 wards to pay for it (minus the HP you gain from it). This means that it takes 14 minutes to repay itself. If you get it at minute five, and you have a 30 minute game, you're saving about 1500 gold. Of course, you need to spam wards for Baron and stuff, but if you only need two, you have 1500 more gold. Plus the new pickpocket mastery and all the extra gold supports get.