Stacking Rageblades

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Goth Skunk

Senior Member

12-05-2012

Quote:
Passive: Your basic attacks or spellcasts grant you 4% Attack Speed and 4 Ability Power for 8 seconds. This bonus stacks up to 8 times.
On the old Rageblade, this effect used to be unique. According to the Preseason 3 item page, it no longer is. The only thing that's unique is

Quote:
UNIQUE Passive: Falling below 50% health grants you 20% Attack Speed, 10% Life Steal and 10% Spell Vamp until you exit combat - 30 second cooldown.
Has anyone tested this, yet? Something like this could turn any on-hit champion into a beast.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IonDragonX

Senior Member

12-05-2012

Sure, it works. There are trade offs. You are taking two+ slots in your inventory. You aren't building defenses. You are stacking the same buff twice as fast instead of two buffs simultaneously. They aren't late game items (like stacking Gunblades)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Goth Skunk

Senior Member

12-05-2012

Wait... stacking the same buff? So you can still only get a maximum of 8 stacks? Not 8 stacks N times (where N equals the number of rageblades in your inventory)?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IonDragonX

Senior Member

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goth Skunk View Post
Wait... stacking the same buff? So you can still only get a maximum of 8 stacks? Not 8 stacks N times (where N equals the number of rageblades in your inventory)?
That's right. They only stack twice as fast. The limit is still 8.
Just like there are 4 stacks max on the Black Cleaver, even when you have two of them.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MelloRed

Senior Member

12-05-2012

Rageblade used to be the most cost effective item in the game with stacks running, so getting 2 may still be a good idea, as you'll rarely get to 8 stacks.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IonDragonX

Senior Member

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelloRed View Post
Rageblade used to be the most cost effective item in the game with stacks running, so getting 2 may still be a good idea, as you'll rarely get to 8 stacks.
The guy who abuses it so bad is Jax. He can press W+E for two stacks, then Q onto you for one more.

Doubling Rageblade on him allows him to initiate with six stacks. Real terror.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Goth Skunk

Senior Member

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IonDragonX View Post
The guy who abuses it so bad is Jax. He can press W+E for two stacks, then Q onto you for one more.

Doubling Rageblade on him allows him to initiate with six stacks. Real terror.
Kayle can make good use of it too. Q a target, W to heal and catch up, E to charge up her sword.

Teemo, not so much. Just Q and W.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dark Kuno

Senior Member

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelloRed View Post
Rageblade used to be the most cost effective item in the game with stacks running, so getting 2 may still be a good idea, as you'll rarely get to 8 stacks.
AP Yi with Highlander up in a team fight would like to have words with you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-05-2012

Why would you stack Rageblade? Just build stacks. They last 8 seconds now, so you can just toss out random spells to keep it going.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Goth Skunk

Senior Member

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMyBassCannon View Post
Why would you stack Rageblade? Just build stacks. They last 8 seconds now, so you can just toss out random spells to keep it going.
I initially misinterpreted the tooltip.

I thought that you gained 4 ability power and 4% attack speed, stacked up to 8 times per rageblade. So if you bought 4 rageblades, you would end up with 128 extra AP and 128% attack speed.

I was wrong.


12