Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The math on Cleavers and Armor

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Infirc

12-06-2012

yoou know this should be posted in Gd too, the thing is actually breaking every map, particularly because if the solotop and the jungle get cleavers and lw that accounts as if the ad carry had built them.

Auhfel

12-06-2012

At least a Thornmail would be a good item against this build. The armor wont put you high up there, but considering the build has no lifesteal or MR the thornmail should hurt a ton.

Rockpops

12-06-2012

That is absolutely broken...

stigweard

12-06-2012

I'm missing something here. Where is the *.88 coming from? I know the *0.92 is to account for the 8% armor pen mastery, but what is the source of that 12% armor pen?

Nyzos

12-06-2012

Yea this item is insaley good. I main Wukong, all I have to do is rush this item, screw vamp scepter for a Crystaline flask, and just time my EQWR + Ignite right and its insta kill. If everyone on team is evenly matched in lanes against opposing team, I usually get first blood and become this unstoppable force. Just have the support heal/shield me and the enemy has no armor. If I don't manage to get the kills atleast everyone on opposing team has no armor so my adc just has a field day.

Edit: with the re-introduction of block, I kinda get the feeling that they wanted block to counter armor pen. Ninja Tabi hence becomes more useful, along with dorans shield, atleast for a short while in early game.

taramackie

12-06-2012

This math is false, black cleavers do not stack. Buying more of them only lets you apply the passive at a faster rate, IE two black cleavers puts up two stacks per hit, 3 BCs is 3 stacks per hit, etc,... I did not try this with multiple players buying multiple cleavers, but if one person buys more than one cleaver it functions as stated above.

Infirc

12-06-2012

Quote:
taramackie:
This math is false, black cleavers do not stack. Buying more of them only lets you apply the passive at a faster rate, IE two black cleavers puts up two stacks per hit, 3 BCs is 3 stacks per hit, etc,... I did not try this with multiple players buying multiple cleavers, but if one person buys more than one cleaver it functions as stated above.

you didn't bother to check the numbers eh....te numbers only account for the passive once.

stigweard

12-06-2012

Quote:
taramackie:

This is accounted for in the calculations, if you inspect them. For each entry with one or more BCs, it assumes 30% reduction from max stacks, and the first operation in each is:

Armor - (Armor * 0.3)

After which the armor pen values are applied.

Mad Suppordle

12-06-2012

Hate to break it to you but the math is in fact accurate. The numbers only use the cleaver unique passive once, its the additional 15 flat pen that isn't unique and stacks.

Great Red Ape

12-06-2012

Best build in the universe?

Guess I know what I'm building for every top lane/jungler from now on!