Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The math on Cleavers and Armor

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

urmamasllama

12-05-2012

i knew it would be stronk but jesus how did the ynot realize that allowing it to stack would be beyond op?

Fabs457

12-05-2012

I sort of figured after 2 BCS + LW it was kind of not worth buying more of them but that is really mind boggling

MyDeadGrandma

12-05-2012

So glad this is getting disabled. Not because it was OP, but because it was the biggest noobtrap in the world.

If the enemy is stacking black cleavers and not armor, there is zero point building armor pen beyond 1 BC for your team. You may as well go full crit because hey, bugger all is getting mitigated to begin with!

MMKH

12-05-2012

I miss the days when the word "Cleaver" referred to Mundo's bread and butter.

Cauldrath

12-05-2012

Well, Ghostblade gives 20 pen and isn't listed as unique. Why not 1 Cleaver and 3 Ghostblades or 3 Cleavers and 1 Ghostblade? The 20 AD lost on each?

3 Ghostblades and 1 Cleaver gives you 15 more pen, so 300 armor would drop to 12.

FDru

12-05-2012

Quote:
MyDeadGrandma:
So glad this is getting disabled. Not because it was OP, but because it was the biggest noobtrap in the world.

If the enemy is stacking black cleavers and not armor, there is zero point building armor pen beyond 1 BC for your team. You may as well go full crit because hey, bugger all is getting mitigated to begin with!

I think the idea is that it gives HP, CDR and AD which are all universally useful stats. The armor pen may be "wasted" if the enemy decides not to build armor, but you're still doing lots of damage and you get 1000 hp for your trouble.

DiscworldDeath

12-05-2012

1. Don't forget, BCs aren't free I know it's an amazing concept, but the best build in the universe is 13,595 before boots.
2. Thanks for the numbers Sauron.
3. Malah, it doesn't seem there's any hot-fix coming, and that this will happen on 1.73 patch, whenever it occurs, unless there's a global hotfix to all game modes. That's what the red posts said to me.
4. Where was this when I played against a team where everyone had 250-350 armour (two people had Randuin's, FH, Thornmail completed...).
/trollface.jpg

More seriously, I am having too much fun playing Irelia with Zephyr, I need to find a game where I build 2-3 BCs, just to feel what it's like, just once.

konfetarius

12-05-2012

Quote:
More seriously, I am having too much fun playing Irelia with Zephyr, I need to find a game where I build 2-3 BCs, just to feel what it's like, just once.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwe7AwfnR9o

DiscworldDeath

12-05-2012

I was expecting a one ring temptation video

smXho

12-06-2012

sometimes i am glad i havent reach the black cleaver everywhere elo yet

But these thing spread downwards, just like BFT Teemo

So going on the Coop for money until 1.73 train soon