A Suggestion for Riot on the Community

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MaeFire

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2012

No matter how good or bad you are, the community in LoL is getting worse and worse. For a bit I saw some improvement with the ribbons coming out, etc... Now? Backlash of negative players.
First I will give and example of the bad behavior, then I will follow up with a solution or two.

Let me give a more detailed explanation on this little rant:
I have played 4 games since this new patch. All of them with Caitlyn.(not counting 1 aram)
the scores are posted below. The last game, I just could not do well to save my life. I got zoned, ganked, and just plain pubstomped.

I don't normally care if I lose, because bad games happen to even the best players. What I do care about is this:

The first game I was highly praised. I only taunted in a friendly manner, and the opponents enjoyed going back and forth with me.

The second game, I pushed to their inhib turret in under 10 minutes, and suddenly I am a noob and moron for not sticking at the front of the team in team fights. I know my role, I win us the game. Bad attitude makes me quit for a few hours out of frustration for doing good and receiving poor behavior from my own team.

The third game, I get a bunch of players who do not speak English. I am normally fine with this, except that when I say to group they purposefully would stick with me till an enemy appeared then threw the fed carry (me) to the wolves, so to speak. They probably insulted me "En Espangol", but since I do not understand the language, I can not be for certain here. Either way, this was another form of bad behavior. The opponents were at least decent.

Today on the game shown, I got utterly shut down, and instead of doing something constructive and helping me out of my situation with a gank, I just get the Diana telling me how bad I am at the game, how I need to uninstall, etc. No matter if I did amazing games prior, I am the worst noob in history to this person, and they feel the need to put me down to better their own attitude or some such thing. After the game, I politely ask the opponents to please report Diana for her attitude, and what do I get? They troll and tell me to stop whining, that I suck, and how I am what is wrong with the community. They made sure to also use very colorful language as well.

Riot, why can't you reward players that do well? You have this new honor initiative, but this is a very biased and flawed system from what I can tell. Could you not create a reverse Tribunal, so that people can be voted on for their GOOD behavior as well as punishing those that were bad? If you get a certain number of votes, then you give them a hearty sum of IP, or perhaps a token for a free skin/champion/runes(page).

As it stands, I really lose faith in playing this game, as the people in it are not usually helpful except in certain areas of the forums. What is it that you can offer to make the nice, honest players, like myself, want to stay and play more?

TL;DR Players are obscenely rude for no reason. Solution- implement reverse tribunal to reward players based on popular vote for someone acting amazingly kind,honest,etc.

MaeFire

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2012

no comments?

MaeFire

12-05-2012

bump

MaeFire

12-05-2012

o.o no one is even touching this one D: