Black Cleaver

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FDru

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahlen View Post
New DFG is also stupid retarded, I don't know who at Riot decided to make defenses harder to get and offense easier to get, but it was a very bad decision.
They were on the right track, but they need to go back and try something different because the way they went about it just made resists pointless.

Every champ that has built in armor/MR shred should probably be looked at as well, as this patch buffed them through the roof.

Talith PA

12-05-2012

It's all a step in the right direction though, just needs some tuning.

TechPrince

12-05-2012

I have a question, when BFT was released 3 weeks ago, why didnt you disable it on this map? almost 3 weeks..... it was a nightmare. Same is happening now.. dont delay this for 3 weeks... disable it ASAP. Also new DFG is ridiculous, Teemo is still an issue.

smXho

12-06-2012

My hand is up for #2

Cybrid 0x0T2MD2W

12-06-2012

I would keep the black cleaver but make it unique across the board, where if you want more armor pen you gotta make a brutalizer and ghost youmo's. It's still very good for just ONE to help most melee. The biggest thing is when unique items don't conflict with x item that you can buy but isn't that great stand-alone. I'd hate to see it disappear form my renekton so soon on dominion even though it might need dominion specific tweaks.

I'd pick #1.

Redenbacher

12-06-2012

Here's a question:

Why is HP even present on the item?

AP Carries don't get HP on their big ticket item (Rabadon's)
AD Carries don't get HP on their big ticket item (Infinity Edge)

If you want damage, go big or go home. There should be no HP on this item.

I don't think the flat pen and CDR need to be unique, and the debuff is already unique. You can stack IE's and not benefit from more of the crit damage passive. Same with Rabadon's. However, stacking them makes you incredibly vulnerable to instant death.

Tenebrae Corvus

12-06-2012

So, will Blackcleaver be nerfed with a unique health passive or will it be removed from Dominion? If it is going to be removed, what item will take its place for AD casters?

otirruborez

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenebrae Corvus View Post
So, will Blackcleaver be nerfed with a unique health passive or will it be removed from Dominion? If it is going to be removed, what item will take its place for AD casters?
last whisper. after that they may have to itemize for the best stats like everyone else.

Tenebrae Corvus

12-06-2012

Then AD casters would be just like before: getting Ionian Boots, Ghostblade, Last Whisper and some AD from Sanguine or Entropy.

The point is that Blackcleaver was the only significant AD caster item added in S3 and with its removal AD casters return to getting stats from whatever is closest to what they need; no specific item for them.

Fabs457

12-06-2012

I still don't get the rationale or the interest on the part of the developers for having legendary items that stack with eachother and also, the coupling of all the awesome and necessary stats a caster or melee champ wants onto a single item (as was also done with BFT). Couldn't more items be made that are less awesome so there is actual diversity and thought processes put into builds?