Black Cleaver

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

George W Nome

Game Designer

12-05-2012
4 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talith PA View Post
What I'm seeing here is that the percentage pen and shred on whisper and cleaver are possibly going to be tuned down. Combine that with the removal of the pen aura and I believe tanks wont feel naked anymore.

If the % pen on whisper and cleaver are hit then I feel like the only thing that really needs to be unique on cleaver is the health. I believe the biggest problem with the cleaver stack is the 1000 health from having 4 of them. A player isn't sacrificing nearly enough durability for going full pen.

I still want to be able to go brut + cleaver + youmuu as an AD tripen build - that needs to stay in. If the game goes on long enough I want to be able to turn that second brut into a cleaver and not have it be a complete waste (I would miss out only on the defensive stats on the item).
Yep. I spoke to him about it, and that seems to be the potential global "fix". This is why I'm holding off on creating a Dominion-specific version of the item for now.

Painkillar

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by konfetarius View Post
When is 1.73? Please tell me we will get one DD tournament with the full blown lulz of the Cleaver meta?
i am for having a tourney with the cleaver meta, it will be glorious to watch malphites get killed like he were a lv 1 ashe.

Redenbacher

12-05-2012

Why is it a problem on Dominion and not SR?

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painkillar View Post
i am for having a tourney with the cleaver meta, it will be glorious to watch malphites get killed like he were a lv 1 ashe.
but..but whata bout Painkillar's survival method?

OxBaker

12-05-2012

Definitely 2

OxBaker

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redenbacher View Post
Why is it a problem on Dominion and not SR?
It's a huge problem on SR as well. Haven't you seen all the QQ threads about it in GD?

Fabs457

12-05-2012

If those are the only 2 options, 2.

Stacking it is totally out of control and whoever thought that swinging the pendulum so far away from armor stacking into making it almost entirely useless has wrecked this game. There isn't much of a thought process at all in team fights, its literally just a matter of taking turns 1-2 shotting eachother. Winning games by doing so just isn't fun to me and isn't anything like how dominion should be.

Polie

12-05-2012

Option 2

blackDAILO

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talith PA View Post
I still want to be able to go brut + cleaver + youmuu as an AD tripen build - that needs to stay in. If the game goes on long enough I want to be able to turn that second brut into a cleaver and not have it be a complete waste (I would miss out only on the defensive stats on the item).
Tripen would be way too powerful imo, champions with built-in armor shreds (WK, Xin) will completely ignore armor stacking.

Skulleer

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphane View Post
Thanks Nome. Now people can go to stacking Ghostblades >.>
There's no defense on such a build, and the active is totally wasted on the subsequent GBs, so it doesn't matter.