Black Cleaver

First Riot Post
12345678 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cauldrath

12-05-2012

Honestly, I think it's just a badly designed item in general. The counter to flat pen is to build armor and % pen is the counter to building armor. The item literally is the counter to its own counter, plus it comes with a nice chunk of AD, so it isn't like you are losing a lot of damage if you overpenetrate. It needs to be all flat pen/reduction or all %, and/or have the majority of the AD removed.

Ahlen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
On one hand, it's outshining all the other items because it's strong and it becomes even stronger when stacked.

On the other hand, the list of viable champions has grown drastically, because so many underpowered champions can now contribute and so many underpowered mages can nuke the hell out of all these new glass cannons doing so. You have no idea how good it felt to kill a tank Kassadin last night 1v1 as a ranged ADC (a situation that Kassadin is supposed to lose because he's a ganker and not a duelist).

If you really can't just make a copypaste version with unique'd stats called "Black Cleaver (Dominion)", then I'm afraid I'm going to have to say to take it out. It's fun, it's making lots of champs viable and is a great counter to the regular BS OP champs, and it is certainly better than last week's BFT meta... but it is really not good for the health or playstyle of the mode.

Do bring us the unique'd version as soon as possible though... a single Black Cleaver is much more balanced and is a godsend to many underpowered ADCs.
Garen rapidly reaches godlike status with multiple black cleavers. I've been enjoying him tremendously since the patch.

I think he is the absolute best at stacking the debuff (Except maybe a super high aspd ADC)

Dreampod

12-05-2012

Keep it.

AD need something OP to counterbalance the incredible OP of blackfire.

Craogg

12-05-2012

So more Riot treating Dominion players as third class players. Some champs need this item, but being able to build as many as you want with no down side is just wrong. Making the passive unique for Dominion would fix every thing, but that would be to much for this game mode from riot. Maybe someday we could get one patch with half the support SR players get every patch.

Orphane

12-05-2012

2. Also you should probably punch Xypherous.

hinderlopen

12-05-2012

As a melee/ranged ad carry, I'm not going to miss it. It definitely works well on ad casters like talon and pantheon, they stomped pretty hard early game, but a carry's damage is still going to outscale them.

the notable 2 games I played yesterday had:
a talon that got something like 15 kills early game off BC and bruta, doing craptons of damage with his ult and rake, but couldn't 1v1 vayne at all past 15 minutes.

a pantheon that was just pantheon...being pantheon. But past 10 minutes couldn't do anything to fiora without major help.

So black cleaver is ok to keep from a carry's point of view, but I've also heard tanks in my games complaining that they feel way too squishy now. I think without the global armor pen aura BC should be more balanced.

otirruborez

12-05-2012

2- remove it.

ad casters were already more than fine. this item breaks them.

they have last whisper for penetration if they want to go that route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuri Ono View Post
3. Make the passive unique.

Neither option you give is viable. Removing it outright kicks AD in the nads; leaving it in as is allows for abusive item combinations that'll hurt Low ELO/Entry Level Dom more than high level play. It's basically the 'Kassadin Effect' in item form.
this doesn't solve anything. they still get hp, cdr, and flat arpen with every next cleaver.

NavyGothic

12-05-2012

One question - is there any reason the Dominion version needs to be different? Why not just make the item stats unique on all maps to keep things simple?

I don't really see what sort of issue that would create on SR...

Tempestphile

12-05-2012

between 1 and 2, 2

sorry AD Caster and Bruisers, but you guys will always be strong regardless

HaIfhearted

12-05-2012

2 for sure.
Black Cleavers + LW is just ridiculous right now, and basically makes armor a useless stat which is just a waste of gold.

12345678 ... 11