Allow teams to communicate with mics?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PolyporeRS

Master Recruiter

12-01-2012

So i was thinking about how useful it would be if League allowed u to communicate with your teams through microphones. Would help people effectively make team decisions and make the game generally funner

OnyxRoses

12-02-2012

It's called Skype, buddy. Get on the bandwagon...

Tsugaga

12-02-2012

Problem with this is that some players might pay attention to game chat and not the others talking, and some might only pay attention to those talking and not look at chat. This happens a lot when I play with my friends cause we vent but I usually type mia in chat and they never read it.

The 2nd huge issue is that it would completely bypass the tribunal and just give trolls more enjoyment to harass. Anyone that plays online fps like CoD knows how annoying some people with a mic can be...

Sivera

12-05-2012

As much as I like the notion behind this idea, it's difficult for me to get behind it.
Any good female gamer knows not to open her mouth in voice chat. I remain an absolute mute when I'm on my xbox in PvP games, if I know what's good for me (I game for enjoyment, if I want to be harassed, I'd go outside)

But League has let me chat freely and communicate with my teammates without the stigma of being a female in a PvP game.

and lets face it, especially in PvP, the chatter can get a little rough.
and it's a little sad that female players feel the need to hide themselves when I think about it, but at the same time, I've been gaming all my life and this has been the norm.

EDIT: I know I can still use the chat function over the voice option, but as somebody mentioned before, people will tend to ignore the text chat in favor of mics.

SnowCannon

12-07-2012

*Just adding something that may happen if Riot introduce the microphone idea.

People will start hearing more noises from the other teammates instead of the game itself. What does this mean? Champions such as Ahri, who have a skill shot of charm, won't be able to be listen when they hit someone at brush.

Another point that many players from LOL may have experience is verbal abuse through chat. What is this players have access to a microphone? Maybe they will start harrassing through microphone and not using chat text (this is way annoying than by texting). These may cause many fights between players, and it won't be able to judge through tribunal (i think) since is a voice system.

ONE thing that maybe will allow this to function. Make the OPTION: Activate or Desactivate your own microphone, and also the option of activate or desactivate the voice from certain or all your teammates so you could ignore it if you wanted.

This is just what I think about the idea.

gigglebits

12-09-2012

I believe Riot has spoken before that they have no intention of including voice chat because of all the options already availiable.