[Champion Suggestion] Asther, The Demon Shaman (WIP)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Asatorrr

12-05-2012

Asther - the demon shaman. (Male character, left handed, wields a molten hammer in left hand, and a demonic tome in his right)

Melee, Mage, AP Carry

Passive - Summon Imp - On every 4th ability use, Asther summons a fire imp (ranged minion) that unleashes firey projectiles, imps are attracted to molten refuse and attack anyone that has recently been targeted by molten blast. Asther can only have one imp summoned at a time.

Q - Fissure (12s cd) - Asther channels demon power to rift the ground, dealing magic damage to enemy units within the area. Units remaining in the area of effect are slowed by (25/30/35/40/45%).
Under the effect of Avatar, fissure reduces all targets armor and magic resist by 15/30/45 armor, and 10/20/30 magic resist.

W - Demon Scythe (8s cd) - Asther unleashes a demon scythe from the netherworld, sweeping the blade in front of him in an arc.
Under the effect of Avatar, demon scythe applies a 1/1.5/2s silence and has a larger reach.

E - Molten Blast (14/13/12/11/10s cd) - Asther slings molten refuse from his hammer at an enemy unit, dealing magic damage.
Under the effect of Avatar, Molten Blast also causes a surge of lava to explode out of fissure, dealing magic damage.

Ultimate - Avatar (130/110/90s cd) - Asther channels the avatar of a demon and teleports to a neaby location, unleashing a fiery nova (400 range) in the vicinity dealing magic damage and gaining the companionship of 2 Fel Imps (basically fire imps with slightly more damage, attack speed, and health) which attack the target of molten blast's primary damage (ie not the fissure effect). While the avatar, all sources of Asther's damage is increased by 5%/7%/9%, and his spells gain special bonuses. Lasts 8 seconds.

Basically, I wanted to come up with a sort of unique, strategic AP champion. I haven't done the research to balance out damage values and AP ratios, I wanted to make sure his kit sounds solid and get some feed back from some of the veterans on this forum (this is my first time creating a champion).

I know his ultimate looks really busy and complicated...I'm not 100% of the damage increase values or if they should exist at all, I just wanted it to feel like his abilities are stronger in the actual damage output, but I'm not sure how overkill it is with the armor/mr shred on the Q.

Zarkof

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2012

Passive - Malzahar's Voidlings only ranged.... meh.

Q - Is this a channeled spell? If not, don't say "channels". Need numbers for damage to give proper feedback. - Avatar effect similar to Nasus's Spirit Fire and Morgana's Tormented soil. I'm still not too fond of having the side effect scale with the Ult instead of the spell.

W - AoE damage with no side effect is pretty boring. The only champ I can think of that has AoE damage with no other effect is Akali's E but that triggers her Mark. - How does a scythe silence you?

E - Again, damage with no side effect is pretty boring. Only thing special about it is that it works with his passive but that's more on the passive instead of the skill. - Interesting synergy under the ultimate.

R - so pretty much Fiddlesticks' ult with instant damage, summons, and secondary effects on his other spells? this is a bit too much. Then you're adding in bonus damage? WAAAY too much. IMO take out the bonus damage and teleport/nova. Summoning 2 decent pets and modifying your skills is enough for an ultimate.

If you want a good place to do comparative research on abilities and numbers, go to the League of Legends wiki on Wikia. Find the champion with the spell that has a similar effect and compare numbers. Factor in skill, ratios, base damage, range, radius, and cooldown.

Don't take me for a veteran though, I just got into this Forum a week ago. If you want to see my first real attempt at a champion, though, consider looking at Rennal Spiritmight, the Bookworm

Asatorrr

12-05-2012

Passive - the ranged minion is supposed to counteract the champions melee auto attacks

q - it is not channeled, thank you for that. i wanted the avatar effect to scale off his ultimate so that it reinforces the idea behind the ultimate's concept--which is that the power of the demon is strong, stronger than the shamans

w - i shouldve mentioned that the scythe should be kind of ethereal, and similar to a cone, but area of effect obviously shaped like the scythe to give it a unique feel (i know its mostly only aesthetic, but i think it would feel a little different). any other idea of how it could/should function id love to hear. the scythe is powered with demon energy, thats how it silences you.

e - i didnt really want to overpower him with cc

r - the nova, in my head, which i guess i need to come up with at least rough numbers, isnt supposed to be very powerful--as in not the main source of damage with his ultimate, i just thought a fiery nova would be flashy and show off the transformation well. again, the bonus damage i wasnt 100% on, i figured if it was in there, his q,w,e wouldnt be that strong, and without the bonus damage, they would just be stronger in general.

thats what i was planning on doing, just didnt want to take a whole lot of time to work it out and have people tell me the design of skills is ****.