Ezreal and Season 3 : A step in the right direction...

1234567 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Auryiel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilberforce7 View Post
ok, this being my first post on the forum:

When i first started playing leauge I played ashe for most of the time, the first time i went against an ezreal in the bottom lane I saw his ult devestate me and thought "wow, thats what i want to do!!". The very next champ I bought was ezreal and I have played him as my main ever since.

I started playing him ad, I tried ap, failed alot, and then finally after lots of practice learned to play him well. before the end of the season I had many games where my ap ez would carry the team and opponents would run when they saw me!

Now I have only played ap ez once or twice this season and one of those games I was up against leblanc which I always have trouble against landing those W's so I can't say for certain if the new changes are all good or bad for him. I do think that the old ap ez standard glass cannon build is iffy.

While ad ez does well on health with a phage (thats all the health i need for ad ez) ap items with health maybe viable for ap ez (RoA, new haunting guise)? Also, while I used to always rush the hat, with the new lich bane what about rushing it? (when i first started trying out ap ez i rushed a sheen for a cruch till i learned to use those awesome W's!!)

And everyone is always talking about how ap ez gets almost no benefit from his passive but what about getting an early malady?? I really want to know what you guys think about this item on ap ez!! I played only one practice game with malady and btw yes i need more build experementation and season 3 play! but it did have great synergy with his passive and the new spell blade mastery and seemed to solve late lane phase early mid game farm issues! it also wasnt to bad when spells were on cooldown to do some noticable damage with his aa!

In concluson, (not to forget that I am of the oppinion that his W width sucks now!!!!) I really want to keep playing ap ezreal and I enjoy playing him ad when i want to play the role of adc, i am interested to see how this season goes! so far so good for me, i enjoy the new pace feel to it and cant wait to play on the winter map!!

-Wilberforce
My only problem with Malady is it will suck super hard late game when you rely on your ult and W to deal AoE damage in team fights. You simply don't have time to make use of Malady for long, so it's overall gold/slot efficiency drops. The passive will also be utterly useless mid and late game, which is why I think it needs a change. Mid late game vs bruisers and AD carries, if you are in range to use your AAs and AS boost, one of you is dead already, he just doesn't know it yet. The passive (and I believe Malady too) is only useful for laning phase and it's not even THAT useful.

And, sadly, no winter map this year D:

Boomerang69

12-07-2012

if they ruin ezreal like they did katarina then FOOK U AND FOOK THIS THREAQD

Auryiel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerang69 View Post
if they ruin ezreal like they did katarina then FOOK U AND FOOK THIS THREAQD
Will you bring the condoms?

Auryiel

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilberforce7 View Post
With the addition if ice gauntlet I may try it with an ad build but I'm not seeing it for an ap one since lich is the way to go. Also I enjoy taking a health item with most carries ap or ad even if I'm doing really well I might than early dmg and get health later but roa is great on my tf for the lane rylias on xerath or a phage on ezreal although same there I will rush the ie if I'm doing well. What I really want to know is what people think about my malady idea! As an early item gives you ap, a way to farm, a use for passive, and when your spells are on cooldown use your aa's to lower magic resist so your next spell does even more! What I'm thinking in theory is first back getting malady and boots that gives you dmg and then back to farm. Then get your haunting guise or a sheen (I'm thinking lich before hat because
Actually, you know what? Nevermind!

Malady would be good, but mainly in a poke comp, where you can keep abusing the MR shred + magic damage on hit with your Q. It does reduce your burst, but your poke would be better.

I think Liandry could be decent, but since Q doesn't proc it, you would get it mostly for the health and MPen.

Before the patch, I went double doran's ring, sheen, blasting wand, needlessly large rod, Death cap, blasting wand, null-magic mantle, Lich Bane with Sorc Shoes somewhere along the way. Now, I'm not so sure, but I still feel like rushing Sheen is the best way to go, with a mana item before or after (right now I like Tear a lot). Also, I think rushing Lich Bane is not a bad idea at all now.

My personal favorite build would be Lich Bane, Seraph's Embrace (the 133 AP (173 with DCap, masteries) is insane and the shield is quite nice too), DCap, Void Staff and DFG (I want CDR and the active means if you decide to all in a carry you can burst them down NP), but of course it is insanely costly lol (16k gold in total without boot enhancement)

I think the patch at least made more builds available for AP Ez and for that I am thankful

Johnny Kaz

12-07-2012

I have done some testing, the Lichbane is extremely nice 1 v 1, but in team fights, it's single target function is not overly stronk unless you are able to hit the correct targets in priority sequence.. which as we all know is almost impossible if a team knows how to protect the squishy's.

I really like the IceBound Gauntlet, it allows decent wave clearing, extra aoe in team fights AMAZING kiting potential (so even though 1 v 1 the lichbane does more damage, that's only if your alive to deal it) I was able to 1 v 1 a WW EASILY, a master Yi, with some trickiness, I managed to survive his ulti via walls and essence flux/flash after wards his ult just ran out as I was low HP, he alpha striked, and I was able to create distance with the IBG slows, took him from 70% to 0% he could not get near me.

J4 was difficult as he was smart with his ult using it first forcing me to flux, then using his gap closing spear to try and stay on me, while it worked the first time, I was able to purchase the IBG while dead and the second time he tried it again. I think he was dumbfounded as he continually ran at me like an idiot not able to get anywhere near me.

Darius (in river at dragon, he couldn't chase me and he couldn't get away.)

So far the AP Ez nightmare champs are not adapting well to the situation :P I can't wait to 1 v 1 a Jayce, that will be the real test.

Anyway, the damage difference is not that much between the two items until you factor penetration (mid to late game), but the utility is amazing, the CDR is fantastic ( I also run CDR blues ), the armor is a plus when dealing with bruisers. I purchase the boots that give you 12% more speed for 2 seconds on auto atk, (it procs from Q) my cdr is 3.14 on the Q which from travel distance to impact and its passive has it up every 2 seconds for constant and reliable Q -> IBG procs and run speed for kiting/chasing.

So far I have been starting standard S2 boots + pots[3] to start. Then my ideal first back, L1 pen boots, ring and crystaline flask and hopefully a ward. Then I back for a sheen, and then farm up the rest of the IBG (unless forced back earlier) W E and R scale well with level initially, so it doesn't hurt your damage to get the IBG first. After I complete it I get the void staff, the damage is fantastic due to the changes in S3. By this point I'm save up for a Needlessly LARGE and then decide based on how things are going: 1) Things are good for the entire team, our tanks are beefy and I'm fairly safe I get the hat. 2) Things are still pretty even, stuff is getting a little too close for comfort or they have a Rengar/Akali then I'll grab an hour glass. The armor by this time is good enough for you to be able to kite and of course becoming an untouchable golden statue is always a good time. From here you can build whatever you want, most games will be done by now.

Over all I feel the IBG is the way to go, it still gives great damage, and most importantly survivability (armor and a permanent slow)

My AD carry and I have been sticking together and focusing targets, using my Q to keep cc on the target so that we are both capable of staying fairly safe and super dangerous if any of the enemy requires escaping us. My favorite partners for this strat/combo are other champs with comparable mobility (Graves, Corki and Cait) as they can also help to chase over walls, or escape otherwise certain doom from an ult such as the J4 crater!

Note: IBG into void staff with shoes provides all of the damage needed to remain useful in team fights, a hat would just make the damage so crazy that it would be easy to invest in some defense. Either the hourglass or the GA or BOTH! : D all in all, the IBG makes it so that you don't need to focus heavily on AP to be useful with 1 v 1's or team fights, and from this point you should be able to snow ball easily clearing waves faster than ever before (when done properly).

IBG helps to resolve two major issues that AP ezreal has, Farming, and CC.

-Kazlust

#1 IBG Fan! : D

Wilberforce7

12-08-2012

i find it amazing the stats on the ice glove! especially when comparing it to the lich bane it seems to me to pay out alot better. i might try it out but again i would be more attracted to build it on an ad ezreal build due to its passive and then i wouldnt get the trinity. i see it on ap ez like you said it would fall off late game and my oppinion is above that the stats on it are amazing and even more so the passive and its not even that much more than lich bane, i mean thats just crazy. and seraph's is another item im just blown away by! i really never saw a real good point to get the tear before now and now it gives you tons of ap and lots of fuel to spam it not to mention they made it easier to build up. i never need that much freaking mana and the whole point of mana is so people who waste it wont have it. i have built manamune once or twice and it was when i was very noob to the game and just got ezreal. the only reason i built it a second time was because i liked being able to not even care about mana and it was a good way to learn the champ's abilities (although like no ad dmg from old manamune) but not untill i learned to manage my mana did i start to really care if i landed those all important skill shots. and not to just spam them and get lucky, not that its not bad to do so! the most chances for damage i guess... but i never need that much mana. if i get bv or even early lich bane will cover my needs really..

Duriel

12-08-2012

i like solution 1, bonus magic pen (up to 25%) for having stacks of your passive

really clever and would literally only effect ap ezreal.
strong but not overpowered, and not a large part of his kit, not really anything you would go out of your way to build into like a passive should be.

Wilberforce7

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenDryks View Post
I think Liandry could be decent, but since Q doesn't proc it, you would get it mostly for the health and MPen.
this is exactly right and i have tested both used malady and the new guise, the malady item does work really well and can get you back on track if you dont get an early kill. here is something to remember about ap ez: once you hit lvl 6 you need to either kill your lane opponent, gank a lane, or get blue buff, shop, and farm lots more. the best time to take malady is if you are against a pusher and you need to push more effectivly to not loose the tower. with the new lich i will take sheen early so its usually good enough to farm with if your opponent isnt pushing your lane in all the freaking time. you are actually right once you hit late late game, like one of those really long ones, its a waste of a slot. the passive on the item does scale with ap so is farm potential keeps up. i would sell it for a void staff or another late game item like that (maybe dfg bcause cdr and ap on it is now insane!!). and the haunting guise, well, if i need health i have just started to get a catalyst as soon as i cant take the dmg anymore, then build bv. if heavy ad team.... well im not to sure, hourglass is great but now a days just armor is not going to cut it at all!! (so tired of super riven!!) so if anyone has tips for that.. not to go back on what i said about these two items! just not all the way sure about the guise yet....

Wilberforce7

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyko View Post
i like solution 1, bonus magic pen (up to 25%) for having stacks of your passive

really clever and would literally only effect ap ezreal.
strong but not overpowered, and not a large part of his kit, not really anything you would go out of your way to build into like a passive should be.
ok this one i am going to go off on you for:

MAGIC PEN PASSIVE IS A HUGE BUFF TO AD EZREAL!!!

Y?

because his ult does magic dmg everytime!! it adds 1 magic dmg to it for every 1 bonus attack dmg. they will never put magic pen in his passive and im tired of hearing it. ap ez does not need more dmg. he needs a way to farm (cc would be nice but its not in his kit period) and honestly ap ez really is an off build but not as bad as say ap yi who has his q and a mega heal. best way to make a good use of his passive is malady. oh which by the way gives you stacks of mpen for every auto attack. hmm sounds kinda like stacks of magic pen on passive!! and i dont even like the idea because you burn your spells and your mpen stacks would be up while everything is on cooldown cept maybe your ult. thats it! so in other words you just want more ult dmg.....

ShadowOfNothing

12-08-2012

Dont forget Litch got nerfed with the removal of magic res, this is a small debuff to ap ez. Wow... i actually read your entire post, and overall the ideas seem well thought out. I do have an idea for Essence Flux. Maybe the size of essence flux could increase based on your ap. Make it a sizable increase of 50% at something like 400 AP. Just another idea that can be tossed around.

1234567 ... 11