Heroes to counter Vladimir in Mid Lane

1234511 ... 16
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Deceiver00

08-01-2010

So I'm seeing a lot lately people owning mid lane with Vladimir. He's ability to drain life always keeps him full health, which is a pain in the ass for any harassing hero trying to set up for a kill. Sanguine Blood helps him to avoid 2v1 ganks in mid as he oozes back to his tower before you can kill him. Moreover , he can easily take on the mid squishies after draining their life a bit by popping ghost... charging at tower, sanguine blood , oozing past the 1st tower , slowing & killing the squishy between their 2 outer towers.
If i'm in that middle lane againt Vladimir, i cant think of any hero that can counter him easily; especially with him constantly draining life. Any Ideas?

jeez91

08-01-2010

Fiddlesticks......
He drains...He fears...He silences...
This was the first one that came to my mind.

Post any other ideas.

MysteryLordddddd

Master Recruiter

08-01-2010

A hard counter in Pirate. Kat is good too with her healing redux. I think anyone with a healing reduction skill would pose a problem to Vlad.

RixuS

08-01-2010

I've had good luck against vlad as annie. The trick is not to be too aggressive.. rather than trying to fight vlad directly, I just try to nuke the **** out of his minions, so he's forced to play back in his tower zone. Then he loses farm money to the tower, and I just wait untill I hit level 6 so I can drop a bear bomb on him.

I also harass with my stun... make them fear the stun, and they won't want to come near you.

/But I do have to take pots and the heal summoner ability to compete with his life drain

svartingr

08-01-2010

Pirate seems like the best counter to me.

You can pretty much match Vlad in everything he does.

TsurugiHikari

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RixuS View Post
I've had good luck against vlad as annie. The trick is not to be too aggressive.. rather than trying to fight vlad directly, I just try to nuke the **** out of his minions, so he's forced to play back in his tower zone. Then he loses farm money to the tower, and I just wait untill I hit level 6 so I can drop a bear bomb on him.

I also harass with my stun... make them fear the stun, and they won't want to come near you.

/But I do have to take pots and the heal summoner ability to compete with his life drain
Strangely, you have to agree with this post when it comes to dealing with him. But the general rule of thumb is this. Don't be too aggressive unless you want to die. If you are a caster but no way to stun him or something, just switch lanes. Best way to avoid it. Those who are physical attack characters with really long range should be dealing with him. It's even better if it's a character that can get health from minions.

As long you can keep the wave in control and keep yourself alive. Then you'll do fine. Just ask your team to try and fight their respective sides lanes without your support till level 6. That way, he can't do much but hold his lane until someone replaces him since the early to mid game, you want to avoid losing as much experience, gold and map control to your opposing team.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. I can't give you specific advice since I experienced this in solo matches so there isn't much you can do till then.

On the other hand, arranged team should able to switch lanes flawlessly to adjust to your situation. Make sure you have a balanced team to handle against the entire force later in the game. Especially in mid game.

topdawgz

08-01-2010

Hi I been playing with vlad quite a while got almost all positive scores , besides yesterdays night where my team was feeding and i just gave up.

But yeah I think gang plank is the hardest for me to play against.

aluminaty

08-01-2010

kog!! get away from his range and you all good.

A Tryhardosaurus

08-01-2010

Heimer is an obvious choice, you'll practically have vlad tower hugging the whole time while your turrets slowly melt down the turret.

LotionExplosion

08-01-2010

Vlad is the best counter to Vlad.

1234511 ... 16