get rid of this 1 mid 1 top 2 bot

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Joe Krake

12-05-2012

I'd like some change as well. But I doubt it' d be anytime soon. These things can happe, people just aren't confident or know how to make the situation work.

Like to can totally forgo having a jungler and have two top. You just have to really make it worth your while and take down top turret ASAP otherwise the pay off isn't worth it.

Rutank

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by l3acon View Post
this is where you're wrong, imagine a dbl assassin bot lane.... who can jump on a adc ranged and destory him or her
it's called a kill lane, i.e. REN + panth. Which are easy to counter, ex. Lulu cait, which just throw down traps and turn you into a squirrel while you go in to combo, and then ulties you into the air = your assassin lane is dead.

ClownSock

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akimasu View Post
ADCs carry late game.
They suck early game.
This is why they're babysat with a Support. To be fair, anyone who doesn't steal their farm can be 'support'. Champions who do well with less gold are generally who are used, though.

APs are strong mid-game, this is why they get a solo lane to farm. To be fair - top or mid could work here.
no the reason ADCs are "babysat" with a support is so that every lane gets all of their own farm to themselves. support gets gp5 and ensures the ADC gets kills.

trg1234

12-05-2012

alright lets make this clear each champion is in like a lane for a reason. Sure the bot support and carry and switch places with top bruiser but then it would be only 3 people trying to do dragon instead of 4 then the entire team can come in and steal the dragon or kill all of them. Do you even know what bruisers are?
they are kind of tanky(or fully tanky) champions that can issue out fair amount of damage(like garen) if say that you have double bruisers bot like garen and wukong. Sure they will dominate their lane but you have to think about the other lanes solo top will be destroyed since it surely will be a squishy adc champion.

TDG Paradox

12-05-2012

I will say, however, that the NA meta (at least back a while ago) works extremely well against support adc. What I mean by NA meta is, that a tank and support go bot, solo adc top, and of course AP mid.

I know what you're thinking: no damage bot/no tanky top bruiser??? n00b

Well, once upon a time a few friends and I played a game where I was top malphite, and bot lane we had fiora and taric. The enemy was Nunu&Graves bot, and darius top. For whatever reason, I was getting whooped by this pro Darius, and after my first or second death I decided to be radical and switch with fiora, who was being kited (obviously.) Fiora served up some justice against the Noxian Executioner, as she out damaged him and before he could ult she tore him to shreds with her ult.

Taric and I were worried that Graves and nunu would tear right through both of us. I decided to test that and facechecked right into them both with Taric a second or two away. I thought it was over, but after losing half my health and once Taric got in stun range and we started attacking, both Nunu and Graves weren't able to keep it up. Clearly this was do to the synergy between taric and malphite's anti-adc skills, but the point is that double BRUISER bot lane CAN work against support and ADC. Now had it been, say, kogmaw and Nunu, or Ez and soraka, we may have had to play smart, but it is POSSIBLE.

l3acon

12-05-2012

i dont see why people are so stuck on having adc's bot lane with support, have u seen a support mid with an ap carry??
its stupid... especially with the new items it can happen, or have a duel bruiser bot lane

xBlutok

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by l3acon View Post
Guys its old school. The new mastery and items open up so much possibility. Im pretty sure you won't even need a adc bot lane, instead im sure the dbl bruiser bot may appear, or support mid. All i know is, the 2 bot lane era, is coming to a close.
Your reason for getting rid of things is because its old school noty
also support going mid... why?

lgnite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2012

I mean...you aren't FORCED to go adc/support bot, ap mid, bruiser top. You can play any lane comp you want. If you have a high sustain bruiser and they have a low sustain bruiser, then you might want to switch top and bot. It all depends on the enemy team's comp and how your team's comp can counter theirs.

first time Vayne

12-05-2012

Read this, and you'll understand why the current meta is what it is. Simply put, it is the most efficient allocation of the limited resources found on Summoners' Rift. There is no exception, so it won't be changing unless the core gameplay of SR changes significantly (i.e. the map changes). If you resist the meta, you may have fun -- which is fine -- but you are hurting your chances of winning. When playing with strangers, you should play along with the meta unless they agree otherwise, else you bring down their chances of winning too.

http://www.garath.net/Sullla/LoL/metagame.html