Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Xypherous' old opinions from 2010/2011 and new Season 3 items

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SpidermanHecarim

12-05-2012

bump

swan2swan

12-05-2012

Quote:
Xypherous:
The original post talked about having two different 'end-points' for an ability. Kha'zix has ultimate upgrades for the ability - but the final evolution always does the same thing and you get to try 3 out of 4 of them in a game so you do get the chance to basically back up and choose something else.

Viktor on the other hand, has three different 'end-points' for his entire kit - and everyone just goes the Red Augment.

So.. for Kha'zix's style of evolution, I think it's turned out fairly well and for Viktor.. well.. he's Viktor.

Eh, my brother mains Viktor, and he's a huge fan of the yellow augment; it suits his poking playstyle more. Red gives you more flat power, yes, but the mobility of yellow means that you can use different strategies--baiting and chasing, rather than just dumping all of your abilities.

But he does want something tweaked on the guy.

Redeemed In Fire

12-05-2012

Quote:
Xypherous:
The original post talked about having two different 'end-points' for an ability. Kha'zix has ultimate upgrades for the ability - but the final evolution always does the same thing and you get to try 3 out of 4 of them in a game so you do get the chance to basically back up and choose something else.

Viktor on the other hand, has three different 'end-points' for his entire kit - and everyone just goes the Red Augment.

So.. for Kha'zix's style of evolution, I think it's turned out fairly well and for Viktor.. well.. he's Viktor.

Everyone goes red augment because the other augments are a waste of a slot as far as stats (yaaaay 200 mana/health and random stats...not). The ability bonuses are fine, and if anything, Red augment's bonus is slightly lackluster.

Turbo164

Recruiter

12-06-2012

Quote:
Xypherous:

Udyr also has a permanent upgrade choice to make. Thoughts on him?

Wart2012

12-06-2012

With Kha'Zix, is it intentional for his leap to not actually move him until the leap animation has completed? Sometimes I Leap from a Voli charging in on me, fly 20 feet away, but when i land, Voil tosses me over his shoulder as if I had never Leapt. Also, Leaping over teemo Shrooms will cause the Shroom to explode once Kha lands (not as he crosses the shroom).

So... Could you put in an item to solve this problem with Kha?