Jungling

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chaotic Crow

12-05-2012

Can someone give me some pointers for the new s3 jungle? As in who is good, and who is no longer good

Anna Sachae

12-05-2012

Sustain in general is much stronger than it was before, which means Warwick and Fiddlesticks aren't weak picks anymore. They clear a little slow, but their health stays high enough to be a genuine threat when they actually gank.

Non-sustain is dangerous early game, but not impossible. You have to devote much more time to actually jungling instead of ganking 24/7. Early ganks are much weaker explicitly because jungle creeps actually hurt you, which means that ganking is more dangerous for the jungler than before. You pick your fights.

So, at the moment, the kings of the jungle are those with AoE and sustain, like Udyr, Diana, Kha'Zix, Rengar, etc. I saw quite a few Fiddles dominate yesterday, too. Second-place would be extremely high sustain. Trundle, Warwick, Nunu (though he's much slower now that Consume can't one-shot big wrath/wolf), and the like.

Anyone without either AoE or sustain (Eve, for instance) is going to get horribly molested.

iralos7713

12-05-2012

^ That. Also getting machete and 5 pots is recommended on everyone, including AP junglers.

Hunna211

12-05-2012

I;ve been jungling with cho since the patch, and he seems to do really well in there. Fast clears, gets tanky fast, good aoe with rupture/scream/spikes, and once you hit 6 the red/blue mobs are a joke. Smite along with feast is strong for jungle clears and guaranteeing dragon/baron kills.

And ya, even with ap champs, machete seems to be the way to go.