The Era of the AD Carry is upon us

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cool Stuffz

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhugan View Post
I don't entirely disagree, my point is that tanks like Rammus are sort of dead. His itemization got more expensive and he was already in what could be called an awful place.

Hard initiators that are sorta tanks (Shen/Maokai/etc) are in an alright place, but they're more like bruisers anyway.
Maybe we'll see tanks like Rammus again because they have built-in massive steroids allowing them to take more punishment, and more noticeably so because other "tanks" can't take the same punishment because of the itemization.

turrdfergason

12-06-2012

yea Ad carries are super squishy, But with black cleaver and BT 5 PD 5 pokes and you will see that tank start to melt fast.

Honestly I was suprised at how effective Black cleaver is now. LW its an option but with the extra AD the longer you continue to hit someone the more the stronger your hits get.

Basically if you dont instakill the AD your going to have a very very hard time

DarkestPhoenix

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhugan View Post
I'd agree with you except that new Spirit Visage sorta is a hard counter to that argument. But, again, new SV is better on bruisers than it is on tanks. Tanks got the shaft, and that's my entire point.

The new option in this game is to have bursty bruisers (Jax/Irelia/Darius) or have hard initiate bruisers (Mundo/Shen/Maokai). But a lot of tanks that used to be good if built as a pure tank (Malphite/Rammus/etc) are in a much worse place because their itemization just became a lot less efficient.
You had me until "Malphite doesn't have a hard initiate".

Coast2Coast

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkestPhoenix View Post
You had me until "Malphite doesn't have a hard initiate".
His sentence specifically says hard initiate bruisers. In this he's classifying Malphite as a tank. Not a bruiser.

phantomash

12-06-2012

Rammus is weak currently, and doesn't fit in the meta. In fact, most true tanks don't fit in the meta anymore. This was the case before the season 3 changes, and probably won't get reversed.

Top is for bruisers, jungle is for utility, and support is for support. True tanks need items to tank and disrupt the enemy, but they have a hard time farming/laning/generating gold. Obviously there are exceptions (malph top, ali/leona support) who's kit allows them a huge tanking advantage without items.

But apparently tanking is "anti-fun" while being a bruiser isn't. I guess Riot sees the carries as the "fun" roles, and being unable to kill stuff isn't fun. So then why does anybody play support? why is there even a support class? Why are there tanks if they don't fit in the meta? People enjoy disrupting the enemy, protecting the ADC, or supporting the team as a whole, and more attention needs to be payed to these roles rather than just the carries. Its class discrimination is what it is.

Instead of constantly releasing new champions, there should be a turn towards making current champions and classes, that people know and love, more viable. This includes tanks and supports. Riot has said they are trying to make supports more fun and easy to play, which is good, and they have released some awesome items and masteries for supports, but tanks are getting no recognition.

With over 100 champions currently in the game, its hard enough for new players to figure out what they all do and how to play against them. While its nice to have new champions all the time, it is frustrating to see current ones being neglected and outclassed by the new champs.

Bruisers even shut down tanks with items like the revamped black cleaver, theres almost no reason to play a tank or build defenses when the stats disappear in battle. the message I see is "Buy more damage. win.". No strategy or counterplay there.

All we can do is send Riot the message "We want effective tanks, tanking is fun", and hopefully, with enough people, they'll get the message and find a way to make tanks a viable role in the meta.

Zhugan

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomash View Post
All we can do is send Riot the message "We want effective tanks, tanking is fun", and hopefully, with enough people, they'll get the message and find a way to make tanks a viable role in the meta.
That is the entire point of this thread. I am fine with carries being capable of carrying, but my favorite role in the entire game is to effectively tank for my team, and there aren't many champions who are capable of that. To make it even worse, most tanks are supports (Leona/Alistar) with a few more bruiser style tanks who go top (Shen/Malphite) and there are some bruisers in the jungle (Mundo/Maokai) but what about good tanks?

Amumu and Rammus both got hit hard by the hit to resists. Same with the bruisers who are more similar to tanks, like Jarvan. God forbid that while supports like Sona/Soraka have better itemization now, supports like Leona/Alistar (who focus on being tanks) are in the same bad boat as the other tanks whose itemization got obliterated.

I want tanks to be good. I really, really do. I have more fun peeling for my team and eating the ultimates/CC of the opposing team than anything else, especially when I know that I won the fight for my team by absorbing all of those attacks.

dogbiter

12-06-2012

what about the additional effects armor items give?

Zhugan

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbiter View Post
what about the additional effects armor items give?
Randuin's and FH? They already had bonus effects. The fact is, they lost armor AND they armor component of them has become more expensive.

On top of that, the new AD items have some great effects on them as well...