The Era of the AD Carry is upon us

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AA247

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhugan View Post
Sure, that's all well and good, except that its a 3k gold cost item to get 60 mr. Which would be nice until you consider that FoN was 2.5k to get 76 mr. So... While that is a comparison that can be made, that doesn't really say much about how tanks have to pay a lot more to get a lot less, which is exactly where they are right now.

And sure, it made bruisers easier to kill, but it also obliterated true tanks from the game, which pretty much took a weak role and made it a dead role.
now that isn't fair at all. Aegis is the only item to give mr,armor, and hps making you far tankier againist all dmgs. Aegis was way better than fon unless you had like 4k hps

UnsafeNormal

12-05-2012

Fiora can tear people apart now. No longer are there "unkillable" champions for my French assassin.

TY Riot

Zhugan

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucktickIer View Post
And then you remember the plethora of buffs other characters got that are specifically meant to be able to kill squishies.
Casters have gotten so many different items it's ridiculous.
AD Casters have become viable and powerful.
Tanks have more utility options than before. Tanks weren't good tanks because of resists, they were good tanks because they have devastating effects. If you think sitting there doing no damage and doing nothing special is how you play this game then you got to learn what tanking really is. Items like frozen fist and the plethora of other viable items have helped out a lot of people.
What's funny is I feel the exact opposite as you do. Tanks now have better itemization than before and can actually still do their job while splashing into more damaging items. Sej, for example, has several items that synergize very well with her with this new influx of items.
Sejuani isn't a TANK, not really. Look at her kit. Sej is a bruiser with good initiation, like Maokai or Shen. Simply because a champion is good at initiating doesn't make them a tank, what makes a champion a tank is that they scale best with a mix of health/mr/armor. That's not what Sej scales best on. Champions a la Rammus are kinda boned in the item department, in some really big ways.

Kidscarface

12-05-2012

tbh,the real problem imo is black cleaver

harry13aals

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidscarface View Post
tbh,the real problem imo is black cleaver
Yep.

Zhugan

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AA247 View Post
now that isn't fair at all. Aegis is the only item to give mr,armor, and hps making you far tankier againist all dmgs. Aegis was way better than fon unless you had like 4k hps
The person I was addressing said that it was a good MR option to replace FoN. My point was simply that it is not that replacement. Spirit Visage might be, but not Aegis or its upgrade.

Patient 0

12-05-2012

The era of frozen heart malphite begins

mr underhilI

12-05-2012

i lost a couple of games in last 2 days in most of them vayne was the enemy adc, for some reason she seams to be eating tanks late game, i know she was OP before but now my jungler and top laner die before i can even get a gold card on vayne.

AA247

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandox View Post
i lost a couple of games in last 2 days in most of them vayne was the enemy adc, for some reason she seams to be eating tanks late game, i know she was OP before but now my jungler and top laner die before i can even get a gold card on vayne.
i give you a hint. armor is about 20% more expensive.

Mihlo

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by destruction333 View Post
The era of frozen heart malphite begins
Iceborn Gauntlet Malphite will ensure that no one escapes. It very nearly if not outright breaks him.