The Era of the AD Carry is upon us

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CandyPuffs

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhugan View Post
I don't entirely disagree, my point is that tanks like Rammus are sort of dead. His itemization got more expensive and he was already in what could be called an awful place.

Hard initiators that are sorta tanks (Shen/Maokai/etc) are in an alright place, but they're more like bruisers anyway.
Rammus's claim to fame was always that if he built thornmail, an ADC would kill themselves before they kill him plus he has epic ganks. This is still pretty much the case.

Zhugan

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincePapa View Post
Ever since the patch, I believe AP carries are much more to be feared than AD carries. The removal of Force of Nature made it so you can't shut them down as easily, as you can't build MR as fast as Armor anymore.
I'd agree with you except that new Spirit Visage sorta is a hard counter to that argument. But, again, new SV is better on bruisers than it is on tanks. Tanks got the shaft, and that's my entire point.

The new option in this game is to have bursty bruisers (Jax/Irelia/Darius) or have hard initiate bruisers (Mundo/Shen/Maokai). But a lot of tanks that used to be good if built as a pure tank (Malphite/Rammus/etc) are in a much worse place because their itemization just became a lot less efficient.

harry13aals

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhugan View Post
I'd agree with you except that new Spirit Visage sorta is a hard counter to that argument. But, again, new SV is better on bruisers than it is on tanks. Tanks got the shaft, and that's my entire point.

The new option in this game is to have bursty bruisers (Jax/Irelia/Darius) or have hard initiate bruisers (Mundo/Shen/Maokai). But a lot of tanks that used to be good if built as a pure tank (Malphite/Rammus/etc) are in a much worse place because their itemization just became a lot less efficient.
New Aegis upgrade and magic pen nerfs say hi .

Zhugan

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry13aals View Post
New Aegis upgrade and magic pen nerfs say hi .
Sure, that's all well and good, except that its a 3k gold cost item to get 60 mr. Which would be nice until you consider that FoN was 2.5k to get 76 mr. So... While that is a comparison that can be made, that doesn't really say much about how tanks have to pay a lot more to get a lot less, which is exactly where they are right now.

And sure, it made bruisers easier to kill, but it also obliterated true tanks from the game, which pretty much took a weak role and made it a dead role.

Greas3

12-05-2012

Crit still scales really well.. I think it's the era of burst ad carries. Try graves with Black Cleaver and Sword of the Divine as your complete build.

Zhugan

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greas3 View Post
Crit still scales really well.. I think it's the era of burst ad carries. Try graves with Black Cleaver and Sword of the Divine as your complete build.
I didn't say crit doesn't scale well on carries. I said that AD carries can function exactly as they did before without it. When they do get crit, tanks/bruisers melt before the unholy wrath of ad carries as if they were butter put in an industrial microwave for ten minutes.

Better if Blind

12-05-2012

Bump

DucktickIer

12-05-2012

And then you remember the plethora of buffs other characters got that are specifically meant to be able to kill squishies.
Casters have gotten so many different items it's ridiculous.
AD Casters have become viable and powerful.
Tanks have more utility options than before. Tanks weren't good tanks because of resists, they were good tanks because they have devastating effects. If you think sitting there doing no damage and doing nothing special is how you play this game then you got to learn what tanking really is. Items like frozen fist and the plethora of other viable items have helped out a lot of people.
What's funny is I feel the exact opposite as you do. Tanks now have better itemization than before and can actually still do their job while splashing into more damaging items. Sej, for example, has several items that synergize very well with her with this new influx of items.

Gooner1990

12-05-2012

Black Cleaver does a lot to help AD carries I think. Not on them, but when someone else uses it. The amount of effective armor % drops by quite a bit. 30% from fullstack BC + LW. Depending on the formula (I'm not sure) that has to be taking away like 50% of the tank's effective armor. Considering armor is also more expensive now as well....

harry13aals

12-05-2012

Honestly, I never saw FoN get built much. Maybe these threads disproportionately sample those who did buy the item (and thus care about such a thread), but I think the cases where someone would want a FoN instead of Hexdrinker or BVeil are a lot less numerous than most people let on...