Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The Era of the AD Carry is upon us

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zhugan

12-05-2012

To put it simply, the elimination of resists as an efficient source of tanking means that AD carries no longer need to focus nearly as much on critical strike chance because currently the only real choices for tanking is to purchase a boatload and a half of hp.

Because of that, AD carries scale similarly to before by only getting AD and AS, which means that they don't need to spend us much to be able to kill everyone on the other team. On top of that, when tanks do get armor, its a whole lot easier for AD carries to just buy LW (like they always did, but it can move up an item now because crit isn't necessary), and that once again invalidates any attempt at building armor.

With the exception of a select few tanks who either have fantastic defensive steriods/massive regeneration (I'm looking at you Mundo) or tanks who provide immense utility to the AD carry in a fight (I'm looking at you Shen), true tanks are more or less dead as a class.

Maybe bruisers still have a place, but tanks are pretty much useless when they cannot itemize to defend themselves, god forbid defend their team.

Zhugan

12-05-2012

bumpity

Zhugan

12-05-2012

Anyone wish to comment now?

Mæj

12-05-2012

Loll

Universaled

12-05-2012

Assassins and Bruisers damage has certainly gone up as well. Just gotta dive that carry harder.

Zhugan

12-05-2012

Quote:
Universaled:
Assassins and Bruisers damage has certainly gone up as well. Just gotta dive that carry harder.

I don't entirely disagree, my point is that tanks like Rammus are sort of dead. His itemization got more expensive and he was already in what could be called an awful place.

Hard initiators that are sorta tanks (Shen/Maokai/etc) are in an alright place, but they're more like bruisers anyway.

Pikachuux3

12-05-2012

I still had a hard time killing a Skarner late game, where he had gotten randuins and MS debuff items.

harry13aals

12-05-2012

Yaaaaaawn. The only significant change is black cleaver. The item cost readjustments made high item premiums worse too, which hurts those champs that buy a lot of the most expensive items (AD carries). At least people will stop building sunfire and start building something useful, like Randuin's.

PrincePapa

12-05-2012

Ever since the patch, I believe AP carries are much more to be feared than AD carries. The removal of Force of Nature made it so you can't shut them down as easily, as you can't build MR as fast as Armor anymore.

ihave2cows

12-05-2012

I think on-hit builds will be able to replace ADC in some situations. Runaans+BotRK+static shiv+Black Cleaver+TF, yo.