Shen Bulid

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sabelyn

12-05-2012

Hey guys. So now that Heart of Gold isn't in the game I am wondering what would be the right opening item that would give me some income yet durability. I have found that ADC generally don't appreciate me farming too so has anyone found a solution to having to go tank mysteries and yet having no heart of gold.

ChampStat

12-05-2012

Sounds like you are trying Support Shen. It can work, but it's less than optimal. Shen needs the $$$ to be good. Try him in the toplane or the jungle.

Sabelyn

12-05-2012

tried it top much better. done support shen

CaLLMeTempuS

12-05-2012

Majority of pros never built HoG on Shen unless they were jungle, the removal of it hardly effects him.

unsticky

12-06-2012

Try either Bead and Wards / Pots, Boots and Wards, or if you're not ranked you can be selfish and get a Dooran's Shield.

Support Shen is still viable. If you lane aggressively, use your ult often, and run teleport you should be able to rack up enough assists to compensate for not having passive gp5. From there just grab an early offensive item like Sunfire Cape or Wits End and split push during mid game. You should be able to get enough farm while split pushing that you can take up the role of tank and team initiator in mid and late game.

While you won't be a "pure" support like soraka, Shen is strong enough to get by without farm and still transition well into late game.