Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Some questions about ELO hell and climbing out.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TWD Rick Grimes

12-05-2012

I started this season really bad. I lost 4 of the 5 first games due to feeders/AFK's Started at 900 ELO.. I managed to climb up. Had 26W 20L and was 1182 ELO. I was starting to get exicted.. But, now it seems like my teams are even worse then when i was in the 1000 ELO.

It seems like every game I play.. We start off really strong and then my team just throws the game. Alot of losses are due to no one building tanky. I usually play Orianna because she makes a HUGE difference in teamfights (assuming your team will work together well enough to have organized teamfights) I almost always win my lane and even if I dont I just farm up really well and dont feed. Well I've lost like my last 5 games.

Is there anything I can do aside from just win my lane, work with my team and hope they dont feed/suck? Are there some Mid champs that can hardcore carry that I should be practicing with? Or maybe should I start jungling? I'd like some feedback from you guys.

Zanthir23

12-05-2012

I'm a brand new player (only played 6 matches), but I would say if you want to climb the ranks, find a guild/buddy to pair up with when you play and voice chat with. You will know what 40% of your team is made up of [edit: at least], and you will get better at predicting eachother's moves, etc.

I have a really hard time watching the chat while I play, so I usually miss it when someone says, "b," and I die. I don't suppose you want to team up with me, but if you know where I can look for some team mates or know anyone interested in teaming up let me know.

My thinking is voice chat should give you a huge edge. I can't figure out when I would have time to type anything except maybe when going back to base, which I try not to do very often in order to stay in my lane. I'm trying to get some of my friends to play.

We all grew up playing Diablo, Warcraft, and Starcraft, so they probably have the basics down. Even if voice chatting with a team doesn't provide a huge edge (which I think it will), I think I would just have more fun and feel more social if I am on chat with people.

My 2c.

Zanthir23

12-05-2012

The other thing would be make sure your team composition is good. If you have a buddy, this can help. I've heard that 1 tank + 3/4 dps is good, and 0/1 support. It might be impossible to stop the other 3 you're randomly paired with from picking tank/damage, but if your team is lacking a tank and going all dps, one of you could "tank one for the team." (Lol.)

Again, you probably just want to ignore me, because I'm a total newb and have only played 6 games, and why would you listen to me. But, I'm here and I'm bored, and this is how forums work I guess (I've never really been too warm to forums, but I'm warming up to the idea slowly).

Awesometaro

12-05-2012

Pick a jungle character and get good. Real good. Then you will climb the ranks because you have a better understanding of what wins games...such as getting objectives and ganking (without stealing kills from carries.)

You can practice your jungle champ in dom until you are comfortable with teamfight mechanics...to streamline the learning process.

Ive rose to 1600 from like 1400 just by maining jungle/jarvan. Playing jungle is the best way...but it can be frustrating. GL.

EDIT: I have over 50 games logged with j4...with 60% win rate. It definitely works if you are wondering.

TWD Rick Grimes

12-08-2012

Quote:
Awesometaro:
Pick a jungle character and get good. Real good. Then you will climb the ranks because you have a better understanding of what wins games...such as getting objectives and ganking (without stealing kills from carries.)

You can practice your jungle champ in dom until you are comfortable with teamfight mechanics...to streamline the learning process.

Ive rose to 1600 from like 1400 just by maining jungle/jarvan. Playing jungle is the best way...but it can be frustrating. GL.

EDIT: I have over 50 games logged with j4...with 60% win rate. It definitely works if you are wondering.

Well I have a really good understand of teamfighting. buff control and all of that. I jungle maokai when i cant get mid. and That seems to help but he's better for mid/late game. if yourlanes feed, he's useless. i thought about getting better with eve mid and roaming alot. and giving the kills to the lanes

Bl4ckIris

12-08-2012

It might also be a good idea to try a mid character that can quickly eliminate their mid opponent and can then roam to help in other lanes. I see this done a lot with Talon because he can deal a lot of damage quickly.