My AD carry build has not changed one bit since the patch

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IICrowII

12-05-2012

I noice Zephyr wasn't on your list of considered options, OP. Zephyr lets you chase (or escape) much better, while granting AD and AS at about the ratio Vayne wants to gain those stats.

If you anticipate chaotic fights rather than a more traditional 5v5 cluster, it might be very strong.

Corefish

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Vayne is one of those champions whose kit doesn't have a whole ton of hooks to dig into side utility because her entire kit is meant to function as one tightly knit compact whole with her function.

And her function is: Murder that one dude so hard.

Since there was already the ideal itemization path (IE/PD/PD/BT) for the role - I don't really expect Vayne to change much - since well.. Murder that one dude so hard is already what the ADC items kind of did.

Whatever new items that Vayne gets to build will mostly be in her utility options - such as Alacrity/Furor/Distortion or whether or not you get Mercurial Scim vs. GA, etc - or whether you do a mid-game gambit with SoTD or not.
What about other ADC's? Are their builds similar, significantly different, or slightly different? Like taking out that PD and instead trying Shyv or perhaps something else. I don't think it should be based around getting IE/PD. Switch it up. Crit isn't the only thing in the books, and IE will certainly give you enough. And the flip side of that, Speed isn't the only thing. There are better things then the standard PD, and as ADC we should realize that and situational-ize that.

This could be an opportunity to make ADC into something way more then a 1 road build. And I don't think anyone is seeing it like that.

I mean even if you have your basic build, early on your dmg is better simply because that Scepter now has a Long Sword attached to it. Things have changed, and we as players should to.

glittergirl1995

12-05-2012

Quote:
Vayne is one of those champions whose kit doesn't have a whole ton of hooks to dig into side utility because her entire kit is meant to function as one tightly knit compact whole with her function.

Since there was already the ideal itemization path (IE/PD/PD/BT) for the role - I don't really expect Vayne to change much - since well.. Murder that one dude so hard is already what the ADC items kind of did.

Whatever new items that Vayne gets to build will mostly be in her utility options - such as Alacrity/Furor/Distortion or whether or not you get Mercurial Scim vs. GA, etc - or whether you do a mid-game gambit with SoTD or not.
thats not ideal, pros mostly go pd first

Lulu Loves Me

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetRanked View Post
stopped reading after "I'll only get Swifties if the enemy team has multiple slows."
It's almost like you're not aware that boots of swiftness removes slow effectiveness by 25%. Or do you have a real point that you would like to clarify with reasoning?

deathmage390

12-05-2012

anyone thought about ruans and static shyve? combo i think since ruans applies on hit it would count to statics proc which means if it takes 3 hits to proc only 1 with ruans?

Lulu Loves Me

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathmage390 View Post
anyone thought about ruans and static shyve? combo i think since ruans applies on hit it would count to statics proc which means if it takes 3 hits to proc only 1 with ruans?
That build has a lot of attack speed so it would work best on champions with AD steroids which is Vayne. I haven't tried it yet but it sounds like BT + PD would still be more effective even in teamfights because that build is not going to kill any one person quickly. It's going to deal a good amount of damage to multiple people. This means the bruiser diving you is not going to die before you die.

Kigrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2012

Quote:
Since there was already the ideal itemization path (IE/PD/PD/BT)
Hey look, the build I've been flamed at for using/suggesting/posting about is red endorsed as ideal. DOUBLE PD. Just like how when I said Diana was OP at launch, I got flamed. Good ole GD

thumbnail9

12-05-2012

Quote:
Oh lordy

Thyrnor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2012

Quote:

Oh great Xypherous, what new options are there for Ezreal?

Fox P McCloud

12-05-2012

Quote:

If Blade of the Ruined King was % Max vs % Current, I think all ADCs would build it, or at least consider building it. It's really good, at first, but the DPS on it falls off incredibly hard as they get lower; this becomes more and more apparent, late game, when you compare it to an ADC who gets, say Blood Thirster.

The active on it is really good though.

Dunno, I like that there's an alternative to several things for ADCs now....PD vs Shiv, but I'd like to see more options that give similar DPS, but offer a niche within that...currently there's not really an alternative to Bloodthirster or IE, though BotRK comes darn close.