My AD carry build has not changed one bit since the patch

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lulu Loves Me

12-05-2012

I'm a 1500's elo Vayne main.

I've tried every new item that might be useful for Vayne.

I've tried Dorans shield start with HP regen quints. I've tried Dorans blade. Boots 3 pots is STILL the best start followed by 2 dorans blades and a vamp scepter. Dorans still doesn't give enough sustain. The MS is fine though without boots.

I still get Berserkers 70-80% of the time because the attack speed is too good to pass up and I'll only get Swifties if the enemy team has multiple slows.

I've tried rushing sword of the divine. It's good in lane terrible in teamfights since you are down 2200 gold as soon as that 3 seconds is up and in early game 2200 gold is like 30% of what you have. Once you get it, laning is almost over already. As a 2nd item, it's inferior to items with consistent crit chance because all AD carries need crit to synergize with attack speed and attack damage. This synergy was what Riot was trying to lessen on AD carries. This synergy is what we must continue to abuse.

I've tried Stattik Shiv. You get about 1 proc of 100 magic damage every 5 autos with about 1.3 attack speed. It's not bad, but in a teamfight you're going to want to kill the bruiser that's on you ASAP so single target damage from PD is still better.

I've tried Mercurial Scimitar. But there's no incentive to upgrade from QSS until a full build. All you get is more AD and that gold could be better spent building towards armor pen or attack speed and crit. It does however open up the possibility of a full offensive item build since you get the QSS from Mercurial Scimitar. But I'd rather have Scimitar + GA if it's getting to full builds late game. GA passive saves games.

Runaan's hurricane is bad on Vayne and all AD carries imo except Ashe/Twitch/Kog/ maybe others im forgetting. You spend gold for multi target damage hurting your single target DPS. The bruisers are not going to die fast enough and they will kill you.

I've tried Blade of the Runed King. For the same cost as BT you're getting 60 less AD and 8% less life steal in exchange for a passive that does 4% CURRENT health. So when does 4% = 60 AD? When a 3k health target is >50% health. When a 2k target >75% health. It's not worth it. That's not even counting the 8% lifesteal.

Flat armor pen is better since it's now applied after % armor pen. But still a flat 15 from Yomuus or Black Cleaver is not enough armor pen to kill bruisers. I'm still getting LW.

Bloodthirster was already superior to IE on Vayne before the IE nerf. With BT buffed and IE nerfed, this is a no-brainer now.

So what am I getting now? Boots 3 pots. 2 Dorans + Vamp Scepter. Berserkers. BT + PD into LW or QSS/GA or IE. Follow up with the missing items.

HEY LOOK NOTHING HAS CHANGED.

Voidgolem

12-05-2012

It wasn't supposed to change. Merely provide the option for carries what can take advantage of it.

Vayne isn't one of those.

CandyPuffs

12-05-2012

Something has changed. Your items are somewhat weaker.

Also, you can sell SotD to lose 660 gold (sells for 1540). So if you get 3-4 lane kills out of it, its def worth it.

ThisIsMinecraft

12-05-2012

There will always be an optimal build for single-target autoattack damage. There's no sense changing it for the sake of changing it. Instead now you have more options for multi-target and aoe damage as well as more cool on-use abilities for specific situations.

Sanadoz

12-05-2012

There might be some use of the Zephyr item for AD carries. Same price as PD with the same AS; gives more MS; gives AD; and gives tenacity. I realize it lacks crit, so experimenting if IE is enough crit should be done. Honestly most AD carries tend to build more survivability nowadays anyways due to you being alive longer = more dps. That is why you see more people go BT over IE and early QSS/GA. I think Zephyr has a chance.

Lulu Loves Me

12-05-2012

I dunno what AD carries have had their builds changed. Ashe and Kog getting hurricane. Corki/Ez are getting Muramana. Zephyr imo will always be inferior to a PD

innervation

12-05-2012

So maybe you should re title your thread. Your vayne build hasn't changed.

Saintshing

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidgolem View Post
It wasn't supposed to change. Merely provide the option for carries what can take advantage of it.

Vayne isn't one of those.
^this, your title should be "My vayne build has not changed"

Runaan's hurricane is good on adc with on-hit like varus, kog, but you are using vayne as an example whose silver bolt needs to stack on a single target

black cleaver can be good if your team has more than one ad, enemies are not stacking armor and if your adc has multiple/over-time aoe physical damage to shred the entire enemy team's armor, like corki, twitch, varus, but you use vayne as example

pros are experimenting with something like getting avarice blade on ashe, muramana on ezreal, sotd on draven

i think you jump to the conclusion too soon

Lord Arumen

12-05-2012

I pick up static as an alternative to PD, but idk if it would be good on Vayne who loves lots of attack speed.

Lulu Loves Me

12-05-2012

I guess I just feel left out cause there's no cool items for me to use