Slade, the Herald of Apocalypse

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChaosDK

12-05-2012

Thumbs Up and Comment for Feedback if you wish to see the Vonkrone Brothers in the Fields of Justice!

Quote:
Champion Name: Slade, the Herald of Apocalypse
Tags: Carry, melee
Resource: Mana
Attachment 570056

Champion Information

Name: Slade Vonkrone
Race: Human (former), Undead, Eternal
Affiliation: None
Origin: Unknown (Voodoo Lands due to awakening)
Relative(s): Ragner Vonkrone (brother), Zarion Vonkrone (brother)
Theme: Abyssal, Black, Dark Purple
Weapon: Chained Scythe

STATS

Quote:
Damage: 57 (+3.1 / per level)
Health: 460 (+88 / per level)
Mana: 200 (+34.5 / per level)
Attack Speed: 0.678 (+3.1 / per level)
Move Speed: 320
Armor: 14.6 (+2.9 / per level)
Magic Resistance: 30 (+1.20 / per level)
Health Regeneration: 7.15 (+0.12 / per level)
Mana Regeneration: 6 (+0.30 / per level)

ABILITIES

Quote:
Attachment 574993
Passive: Black Lion's Advance - After gaining enough power from nearby enemies, Slade increases his power the longer he stays in combat. He gains 2 attack damage and 1% attack speed for every second hes in combat max 10 stacks, lasts 5 seconds.

Attachment 574988
Q: Scythe Throw - Slade launches his scythe towards a targeted unit, damaging enemies in its path. Slade may teleport in the Scythe's location while in its flight.

Toggle: Teleport

The scythe spins through enemies dealing 80/110/140/170/200 (+0.8) physical damage.

Cost: 90/105/120/135/150 Mana
Range: 720
Cool Down: 16/14/12/10/8

Attachment 574978
W: Zeal of War - Slade activates the mark on his chest reflecting an enemy incoming spell with expert timing.

Passive: Slade's auto attack's restore 1/2/3/4/5% of his health.

Active: Slade reflects 50/95/115/150/230 (+0.5) magic damage to the attacker, lasts 2 seconds.

Cost: 50/70/90/110/130 Mana
Cool Down: 25/22/19/16/13

Attachment 574982
E: Path of Conquest - Slade uses his chaotic magics to empower himself and his allies, increasing attack speed and reducing the duration of crowd control abilities.

Slade empowers himself and allies for 10 seconds, giving 30/35/40/45/50% Attack Speed and 10/15/20/25/30% Tenacity.

Cost: 75 Mana
Range: 700
Cool Down: 15

Attachment 574975
R: Death's Inferno - Slade unleashes a remorseless torrent of black fires all around him, dealing a large amount of damage to enemies nearby.

Slade burst's out the black flames of undeath, dealing 250/350/450 (+1) damage to enemies around him and burning 10/15/20% of enemies' total mana.

Cost: 250 Mana
Range: 450
Cool Down: 120/100/80

LORE

Slade, the third and youngest son of the Fallen, no one knows for certain the true identity of this man and his brothers. Though legends say once there was a cult so obsessed with power and chaos, it said that these men bring nothing less than utter destruction and death. Long ago the three brothers including Slade himself were born bound to lead the clan, the three separated in groups. Even at young age Slade managed to keep up with his older siblings and stood tall to his followers. Since their departure and as time passed the boy grew, harnessing powers he could. In this task, he has succeeded his master's, aided by his followers, he plans to use them as sacrifices for the cults masters and their summoning. Witnessed by his by brothers and the rest, Slade was a few more steps from entering the doors of what they called the "true power", that was sealed by the Fallen ones long ago. As expected the other two could not accept, in a desperate situation the cult was in conflict. The clan was broken, having failed their masters and causing the brothers filled with grim hate towards each other, from this hate came what Slade calls the Curse of Hatred.

From that day on they have marked each other as enemies. The three have finally prepared to settle things, one who is left will be crowned as the new Lord of the Fallen. As they meet face to face they fought endlessly, destructively and wrathful, every minute of their battle resounded like a death knell across the fields, though not knowing that they were fooled by the master's they once served. During their fight the shadows of the Fallen were slowly devouring their very existence, exhausted the three were clueless that their powers were completely been sucked out of them. Slade began to hear whispers, the voices of the Fallen ones convincing him that he could have powers beyond his imagining, that if he served them once more. Tricked by his twisted master's again Slade banished his powerless brothers. He then once again served the Fallen ones, the Fallen convinced Slade to create the Orb of Apocalypse, in success he was granted by the Fallen ones the power he had gathered, in the mean time Slade realizing what he has done. Driven mad, Slade entered the door where his masters were sealed within, inside he saw nothing but darkness, though deep within the pitch black halls was glew crimson red, it was the heart of the Fallen ones. Attempted, Slade tried to break the heart, shocked he was when shadowy tendrils appeared in the shadows gripping him immobilized. The Fallen ones could not accept his treachery, he was then imprisoned, wrapped in chains dragged in unending dusk.

His return was unknown and how he escaped, though some know that this man now only desires power and eternal chaos. Slade's awakening brought darkened skies, undeath and fear. His presence could be felt within miles away, a dreaded warning of destruction following in its wake.

"This curse, this hate... And as they reunite, as this world trembles." -Slade

QUOTES

Upon Selection
  • "Chaos descends..."

Movement
  • "Show me the way."
  • "They're afraid."
  • "Yes master..."
  • "Don't fear the reaper..."
  • "The sound of chaos..."
  • "Such mediocre resistance..."

Attacking
  • "Death is the only escape!"
  • "Such weak magics!"
  • "And yet another falls..."
  • "Please... Let me!"
  • "Yes... Harness your hate!"
  • "Face your demise!"

Taunt
  • "This is the end!"
  • "I am power incarnate! You are nothing but powerless mortals!"

Joke
  • "Death everywhere... Is this what they call feeding?"
  • "I see that even death grows sick from the likes of you..."

Upon reflect of Zeal of War
  • "You've failed!"
  • "False magic!"
  • "Ha!"

Upon using Death's Inferno
  • "Die!"
  • "Now you know despair!"
  • "Tremble in fear!"

TIPS

Playing As Slade
  • Use your Zeal of War wisely to avoid burst's, stuns and to reflect an enemy incoming spell.
  • You can use your Scythe Throw / Teleport with Death's Inferno for an advantage on your initiation team fights.
  • Try reaching 10 stacks on Black Lion's Advance before using Death's Inferno to release a devastating damage to your enemies.

Playing Against Slade
  • Slade's passive gives him stacks every second while in combat from 1 to 10, upon reaching 10 stacks he gains 50% True Damage. Try to put as much focus on him while in team fights.
  • Try to avoid Slade's Zeal of War reflect and counter it with using lower spells first.

UPDATES
  • 1st Update: Abilities rearranged.
  • 2nd Update: Lore rearranged.
  • 3rd Update: Grammar and Typos.
  • 4th Update: Lore added Quote.
  • 5th Update: Several abilities reworked and changed.
  • 6th Update: Champion quotes added.
  • 7th Update: Added ability icons.
  • 8th Update: Added items.

--------------------------------

Check out my other Champion Concept's

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2883994

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...9#post32407579

Slade's voice by Billy
http://soundcloud.com/viveledodo/slade

( Art is NOT mine and just an idea of champion appearance, I do NOT take any credit for any of the attached Artwork. )

Grimrock

12-06-2012

I read everything and this sir is well made, though there can still be changes and rearrange thing like the Lore mainly, but this is really smooth.

Well done bro.

Riot please read this concept! This champion is too cool to not be in-game!

Ugly Fat Nerd

12-06-2012

The character fits the back ground and skill set pretty good imo. That's cool art btw. yes please riot we need this champion get him in the game! and you guys better not change HIS name!!

ChaosDK

12-07-2012

bump.

ChaosDK

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkHentai View Post
The character fits the back ground and skill set pretty good imo. That's cool art btw.
I tried my best to make the Character/Champion to really fit in and his abilities related to him, also to have that feel on where this Champion will be in the future. I hope you liked it and that to others too that are viewing this concept.

Ugly Fat Nerd

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mėtsurugi View Post
I tried my best to make the Character/Champion to really fit in and his abilities related to him, also to have that feel on where this Champion will be in the future. I hope you liked it and that to others too that are viewing this concept.
Yeah I actually like this champion concept alot, lol. its a really good idea of a champion but some changes would be cool with the abilities and some about the LORE since it kinda sounds like it was rushed a bit. It was a good read, but some are a bit confusing yes my point is this idea of a champion is really great even though it still needs some changes then it would be good and I hope riot can actually see this and accept it lol.

btw I like how you put the Champions information with name and stuff and still I love that art

ChaosDK

12-08-2012

Sorry for another bump. Lacking Feedback

Kirimai

12-08-2012

I believe the abilities need to be reworked so here are my suggestions and the reasoning behind it.

Quote:
Passive: Black Lion's Advance - Slade increases his power the longer he stays in combat. He gains 2 attack damage and 1% attack speed for every second hes in combat max 10 stacks, lasts 5 seconds.
Since Slade has 2 utilities and 1 damage ability, I was trying to think up a way to make the auto attacks stronger.

Quote:
Q: Scythe Throw - Slade throws his scythe damaging all enemies in its path. Slade may teleport in the scythe's location while in its flight.

The scythe spins through enemies dealing 80/110/140/170/200 (+0.8) physical damage.

Removed the slow because slow + teleport on a single ability is too strong. Lowered the base and bonus damage a little, increased the mana cost, and increased cool down. (gap closers are that good to warrant the draw backs)

Quote:
W: Zeal of War - Slade activates the mark on his chest reflecting an enemy incoming spell with expert timing.

Active: Slade reflects 50/95/115/150/230 (+0.5) magic damage to the attacker, lasts 2 seconds.

Removed the armor buff, lowered the bonus, increased mana cost, increased cool down, and lowered duration. Before the changes it would be extremely easy to just go for CDR and spam it every 4 seconds. Also if the mechanic is to negate the damage on the champion and reflect it back to the caster, it should take a good amount of skill to use properly.

Quote:
E: Path of Conquest - Slade uses chaotic magic to empower himself and his allies, increasing attack speed and reducing the duration of crowd control abilities.

Slade empowers himself and allies for 10 seconds, giving 30/35/40/45/50% Attack Speed and 10/15/20/25/30% Tenacity.

Changed it to a buff rather than it being on a set location. Increased attack speed slightly, lowered the tenacity, increased duration, and increased cool down. Since this ability is similar to Nunu's, I tried to make it comparable.

Quote:
R: Death's Inferno - Slade unleashes a remorseless torrent of black fires all around him, dealing a large amount of damage to enemies nearby.

Slade burst's out the black flames of undeath, dealing 250/350/450 (+1) damage to enemies around him and burning 10/15/20% of enemies' total mana.

Increased the base damage and added a mana burn effect. For an ult it was a bit lackluster because all it did was a very small AoE nuke. I didn't care for the fear very much so I removed it.

ChaosDK

12-08-2012

Quote:
Passive: Black Lion's Advance - Slade increases his power the longer he stays in combat. He gains 2 attack damage and 1% attack speed for every second hes in combat max 10 stacks, lasts 5 seconds.

Since Slade has 2 utilities and 1 damage ability, I was trying to think up a way to make the auto attacks stronger.
A fine rework.

Quote:
Q: Scythe Throw - Slade throws his scythe damaging all enemies in its path. Slade may teleport in the scythe's location while in its flight.

Removed the slow because slow + teleport on a single ability is too strong. Lowered the base and bonus damage a little, increased the mana cost, and increased cool down. (gap closers are that good to warrant the draw backs)
This is a really good idea, I kind of realized that it was unnecessary to have both a teleport and slow effect in one ability.

Quote:

Removed the armor buff, lowered the bonus, increased mana cost, increased cool down, and lowered duration. Before the changes it would be extremely easy to just go for CDR and spam it every 4 seconds. Also if the mechanic is to negate the damage on the champion and reflect it back to the caster, it should take a good amount of skill to use properly.
Yes I totally made a mistake on the CD of this ability, thank you for fixing it. Though yes it will take some skill on how to use since you really have to activate it when a spell is incoming with timing, but not just wait around and just activate it somehow then an unfortunate enemy player will suddenly use his initiation skill that will be reflected.

Quote:
E: Path of Conquest - Slade uses chaotic magic to empower himself and his allies, increasing attack speed and reducing the duration of crowd control abilities.

Changed it to a buff rather than it being on a set location. Increased attack speed slightly, lowered the tenacity, increased duration, and increased cool down. Since this ability is similar to Nunu's, I tried to make it comparable.
I can go with that, hey its alot better than what I came up with. xD

Quote:

Increased the base damage and added a mana burn effect. For an ult it was a bit lackluster because all it did was a very small AoE nuke. I didn't care for the fear very much so I removed it.
I'd say this is far by cleanest rework. Though about the range of this skill shouldn't it be scaled a bit higher more or is it good as it is now? For an ultimate that is. I really liked the idea of the fear since its a really fit combination with the first skill, so that he gets a head start with attack's avoid stuns with second skill. But yeah, if its uncalled for then I'll just remove it.

ChaosDK

12-08-2012

Updated Champion Abilities.

12345 ... 6