New Akali Build!!!!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IIDAXII

12-05-2012

Don't worry guys, she didn't get nerfed, she got better!

standard old build
Mercury tread, Hextech GB, Lich Bane, Rylias CS, Rabadons DC, Guardian Angel

New Build
boots->Hextech GB->sheen->BF sword/pickaxe->Iceborn Gauntlet->Mercurial Scimitar/Maw of Malmortus->Rabadons DC/Rylias CS->Bloodthirster Mercury treads whenever you want

This build is much more hybrid than the old build, but she will dish out even more damage and have more than twice the spell vamp and lifesteal. She will also be more defensive except for health if you pick Rabs (in which case you should get heath runes and masteries).

I believe that you should always get Rabs over Rylias because it gives you much more damage and you already have a slow from the Iceborn Gauntlet. Maw of Malmortus is a lot cheaper and gives practically the same AD but a little less MR, but with Merc Treads it should still be enough. The only thing is, I haven't tested the Mercurial Scimitar enough to see if the Active is worth it. If you get Scimitar get BF sword first and pickaxe for Maw.

Summary, A lot more damage, and can damage a lot for auto attacks. A lot more lifesteal. More Defense, but no revive, and less health.

I believe this is definately the best build, I have done all the math and it comes out ahead of the old one and any other new builds, especially since many of the old items got nerfed.

Snnow

12-05-2012

Personally i feel like the gauntlet is a waste. It has nice AP and some armor. But the mana is useless to akali. I've played her quite a bit since new patch. And i have to say, she's a beast. Here's what im building: Sorc boots for the magic pen. Crystal scepter, rabadons, hextech. After these items i start to specialize on the situation. If its a bursty team ill pick up the hour glass to save myself while my team comes in. Guardian angel is another choice. By the end im usually sitting at 180 AD and 530 ish AP. Im running full hybrid masteries and runes. She becomes a mean killer usually having no problems on 1v1, and eating a teemo alive has become enjoyable.

I'm sure there's other items i can look into more, that's just how i have built her and gone positive every game since new release. I'm going to try a few new things.

IIDAXII

12-05-2012

I see what you are saying, about the gaunlet. The only thing is I feel like she needs more on hit damage like the lich bane, but it just doesn't work now, but the gaunlet gives an on hit that gives a lot of damage with the little AD invested. And the problem with the full ap build now is that Rabs got nerfed pretty bad.

shybug1

12-05-2012

U need to be using Liandrys torment in your new akali builds

shybug1

12-05-2012

and i still dont see why you should go ad on akali just because deathcap got nerfed. She is still the same character, if you want to put out maximum damage u have GOT to go very heavy on the AP. with the way her skills are set up she just can not put out as much damage building ad. slightly more survivable ad but she is made to be an assassin, therefore ap will always be her priority

IIDAXII

12-05-2012

I don't think you guys understand, With this build and your standard q,r, autoattack combo you are doing more damage than full AP! Unless you drop the GA for more AP in which case you will die.