Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

New version UI frustrations and simple solutions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

exe3

12-08-2012

Can we get a way to view the damage received from previous death after we come back alive. So frustrating looking at the damage taken and then it disappearing when coming back alive, was such a godsend Smite allowing you to see the information even after you've come back to life.

/edit

lol unintended pun

The Star of Hope

Recruiter

12-08-2012

It'd be nice if I could actually see the scoreboard when there's been recent chat. The chat history is infront of the enemy team section of the scoreboard, and on lower resolutions there is no where to move it away from chat.

DAVdaBRAV

12-08-2012

Quote:
boourns:
Yeah we're investigating both those things. It's more complicated because we had to handle keyboard input into search. Probably won't see anything before the new year...

Not even a scaling bar for the whole shop window? D: Do we get a Snowdown this year?

Ada Wong

12-08-2012

Some aspects are better but for the most part its about being able to choose items fast and be on the field fast.

First game since being suspended and my suspension end today.

I will say that I totally don't like the UI maybe its just me or it takes getting used to but here is what I think about it.

The Chat Box is too small, and other things on smaller monitors this is more of a problem I use dual 19 inch monitors.

The Store and items are the second biggest problem I have having to scroll through to find what I want, god its annoying as hell if I could preselect read all stats before I even enter a game it would help out even the new players.

Allow users to add their own preset builds to the game so tehy can quickly choose these builds in game and select what they want. Similar to recommend items.

LaughterKing

Recruiter

12-09-2012

I would like to contribute a few statements on how I feel of the new in game HUD/UI:

1(looks). The old HUD was better than the current one I feel. The old one was mellow and very original. The new HUD is flashy n looks very inspired from the HUD in HON, the "+" signs for leveling up the skills, the in-game shop interface are very similar to the one in HON. The bars below that show the level of the spell is very similar to the one in DOTA2. It is missing originality in the designs. If some option could be included to get back to the old HUD, it would be really great.

2(interface).It has become really difficult to navigate the in-game shop. The list is too long and items seem jumbled. Cannot buy items quickly.

IMProdox

12-09-2012

well, i represent about 1% of the player base at most in that i have a stupidly slow computer. i make everyone wait 3 min for me to load and get in the smallest windowed mode on all very low settings using a game booster 7fps....
1. but in my window size the HUD takes too much space, i feel being on purple/red is a huge disadvantage because with a 30% HUD (100% minimap) size i cant see anything because the HUD blocks it. having a 75% transparecy feature would be nice.
2. Also, i dont know who else has this problem but the new HUD has a major glich. Some words are missing for example my character info screen gives me level and total health but all the other ap mr mp and stuff are not there. the lore page says lore but all the lore is missing. the menu is all blank buttons and it takes 1 min for the lables to appear. the same is with shop.
3. the font in chat has different sized letters and appears like: goOd gaMe well Played when i type all lower case.
4. Finally ability descriptions on (as far as i can tell) only the older champs are missing. it will say Tormented Soil: and the rest is just an empty box.
like i said i have a terribly slow pc and dont know how large of a player base i represent, but if these glitches could be eventually fixed it would be greatly appreciated. this was done on a wii so ill upload screen shots at a later date.

Qsario

12-09-2012

If the new shop is slower for any of you guys, it's because you haven't taken advantage of the search feature yet, which is awesome.

My only problem is that somehow I'm magnetically drawn to clicking right below the search box whenever I want to type. It's just so much brighter than the actual search and I don't understand it.

The cursor in LoL always throws me, too, with the hotspot being at the tip of the finger. But I have always hated little hand icons so it might just be me. I'll have to look up a program to change it someday.

Mokai

12-09-2012

One more thing to add - As a locked camera player, I prefer to keep the skillbar along the bottom as small as posssible to allow myself more vision south of my champion. This HUD overhaul, however, has made it so that the death reports that show up along the right side of the screen scale dependently with the rest of the HUD. As a result the kill reports become barely visible for me; I need to squint to receive the information being relayed to me.

Would it be possible to allow the death callouts to scale independently from the rest of the HUD? Surely I can't be the only one effected by this. :c

DarkDreth

12-09-2012

How about we just go back to old league UI? League is becoming a copy pasta of DOTA...

GroundHawkX

12-09-2012

I don't want to say anything harsh. Some aspects of the upgrade are interesting but the majority of the new interface is just repulsive and ruins the ability to function in game. Everything is gigantic and covers most of the screen, as well as starts only on the left side. Too inefficient when the old one kept small and simple in the middle. Little to nothing is very much preferred. I found the old UI to be too much as it was and now It's like i'm being thrown drop down menus on an old 800x600 screen. I feel as though the wrong direction has been taken and optimal game play has been severely compromised.