Jungle Elise Viable?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nuker X

12-05-2012

I'm just curious if anyone has tried this yet - I read somewhere here that someone tried her on the PBE and said she does well. I think her kit lends well to jungling, but if the numbers don't work out (clear times), then they don't work. I've tried it out, but since I don't main jungling, I really don't have a good idea of a baseline anyway.

In terms of late game, I can only see elise being a good pick if you already have the tanks and bruisers roles filled, as she is much too squishy to be on the front line - so she would fill the role of assassin.

Nuker X

12-05-2012

bump for... spiders

NecroCryptic

12-05-2012

I've seen it a few times. I works apparently. But it's not remarkable like Amumu for example.

Cira the Marked

12-05-2012

I find her a better top or mid honestly. Her main gank move tends to get her killed quite easy.

Taoquitok

12-06-2012

With the new patch, she works really well in the jungle.. but I can't decide if I want to play her AP/AD or a possible hybrid (thinking AP/AS+movement speed).

Firstly, the main reason why she works really well in the new jungle is that she takes ZERO damage (once you take into account health lost and health gained) from the neutral camps.
Bascally as you get close to a camp, you swap to human form, shoot off W + Q on the big mob, swap to spider, Q onto the big one, press W, move out slightly and hey presto your spiders are tanking.
The reason why I say use SpiderQ straight away is that it'll come off cd before the pack is dead until late mid game at the earliest.
Even if the spiders die, they'll be up at the next camp due to starting off in human form,

Due to the lack of damage she takes, I'm currently unsure as to what item routes I want to go with her.. I've currently been going hunters thingy + 5 pots.. but I rarely use more than 2 pots on my first run through depending on how annoying the positioning is of the spiders and neutral mobs.

I may test boots + 3 pots tonight to see if it helps with early ganks or even go an early dorans ring/blade to see the damage difference. I'm also tempted to start red instead so that I can clear the other packs quicker as jungle elise doesn't use much mana... as well as allowing an easier and unexpected gank top/mid

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2012

I went with mostly Utility some defense, machette and crystal pouch start and it worked pretty well. Util gives her extra GP10, movespeed plus the lifesteal/vamp.

I would avoid boots since they are literally half as good as they were before.

From there I upgrade to a spirit stone, heading towards the AP/CDR/vamp stone. As you said, she doesnt take much damage in the jungle so that might be a waste. I might consider teh Health/tenacity one instead.

I would continue to go with tanky AP with mpen. Her ratios WERE buffed quite a bit a few patches ago, so that Q sucks less and she gets 0.3 AP onhit dmg. She has tons of AP ratios so even though they are weak, she scales heavily on AP.
I'd recommend sorc boots of course along with Haunted Guise, and a negatron to Abyssal scepter for maximum magic penetration.
This gives her fairly significant burst and solid poke.

I tried Frozen Fist or whatever insteadof Frozen Heart and it was decent. Lost some armor, CDR, but gained some nice AP, and the sheen-slowing autoattack effect. It works pretty well and is a good alternative to Rylais.