Season 3 Patch..RIP league

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TSM Skeet

12-05-2012

I've been playing this game for a long time now. I'm not 2700 elo, I'm not an expert on mobas, but god I loved this game so much. Then the season 3 patch hit today/last night. Oh boy... where to begin with my dislikes. All of the new items perhaps besides the jungler's machete are all really clunky/annoying/weird stat combos. Not to mention the new shop is confusing and hard on the eyes. It's more difficult than ever to navigate through your possible builds and in my opinion would still be without all the extra items integrated into the game. At first I was angry honestly, but now I genuinely feel let down. From a personal standpoint I've put a lot of money into this game because I supported almost everything they were doing with it. (Save some concerns about the rate they were releasing new champions) And in my excitement for the new patch I even pre-purchased $50 worth of RP for various upcoming releases. But forget about my RP situation, is anyone else feeling the same way? I just renewed my WoW subscription after this after being away from it for more than a year because I was totally satisfied with LoL. I don't see myself playing this much more and it fading away from my favorites really fast if not immediately. Please feel free to post any of your dislikes or even likes for that matter because right now I'm really looking for some hope in this game.
-A longtime concerned player

Man

12-05-2012

I was about to go back to Runescape but Jagex ****ed it up even more

Now I have nothing going on in my life. :c

Ohh So Basic

12-05-2012

You have only played 1 game since the patch came out and haven't actually used any of the new items yet, how can you rate them :S

Also you can change the shop layout with this http://enigmablade.net/lol-item-changer/

TSM Skeet

12-05-2012

I can see how people would think I'm being a bit judgemental from 1 game played. I have many accounts and played another one exclusively since patch, probably should have put that in there.

Ramachese

12-05-2012

I have to say I completely disagree with you.

First, the new interface is clean and I have no issues with reading it. It did take me a game or two to get used to the new shop but now even if I can't find something right away I just type the name into the search bar and --- there it is. At this point the shop is more about learning where the various items are kept and the changes to existing items.

The items are also much more consistent in my mind. Low end items have stats that make sense for what they build into. High end items are more varied and allow a variety of builds. Yes there are a couple of minor things that I will miss but in the end any build I used to make I still can replicate it just takes a different set of items.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion of course and mine is no more valid that yours. The important thing is to play a game you enjoy (I for one could not be paid to go back to WoW - want to talk about balance issues and lackluster gameplay).

Akimasu

12-05-2012

Supports can actually become carrys late game, with their massive 11gp/10, before runes - no longer spending every dime on fresh wards. Jungles transition into mid to late game much nicer, now that they actually make bank from jungle. I expect we'll be seeing more of both - junglers and supports - now that they are effective both early AND late game.

Love the changes. I'm enjoying seeing my map lit up like a christmas tree.

Saracen07

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defectz View Post
I've been playing this game for a long time now. I'm not 2700 elo, I'm not an expert on mobas, but god I loved this game so much. Then the season 3 patch hit today/last night. Oh boy... where to begin with my dislikes. All of the new items perhaps besides the jungler's machete are all really clunky/annoying/weird stat combos. Not to mention the new shop is confusing and hard on the eyes. It's more difficult than ever to navigate through your possible builds and in my opinion would still be without all the extra items integrated into the game. At first I was angry honestly, but now I genuinely feel let down. From a personal standpoint I've put a lot of money into this game because I supported almost everything they were doing with it. (Save some concerns about the rate they were releasing new champions) And in my excitement for the new patch I even pre-purchased $50 worth of RP for various upcoming releases. But forget about my RP situation, is anyone else feeling the same way? I just renewed my WoW subscription after this after being away from it for more than a year because I was totally satisfied with LoL. I don't see myself playing this much more and it fading away from my favorites really fast if not immediately. Please feel free to post any of your dislikes or even likes for that matter because right now I'm really looking for some hope in this game.
-A longtime concerned player

Having WoW flash backs...Just calm down, the new patch hasnt even been out for more than 2 days... give it time to settle in..

No different than new champ coming out... adjust yourself and your gameplay.