Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

RP worth champ

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lone Leone

12-05-2012

so I will be buying champions with rp yeah good thing that school will end and I can go all my might so should i buy draven or another champ I will only need one because I will buy Ezreal yeah or not but Ez is one of my fav champ and one of my fav skins of Ez is on sale too lucky
I heard that draven is stong but should i buy someone else that is worth the money or should i buy someone who is on sale after this sale?

who will i buy and why

xCust0m

12-05-2012

Ezreal>Draven

Draven wasn't used once in the IPL5 tournament. Ezreal was used in 3/4 of the games. Nuff said.

BoneSentry

12-05-2012

I don't think just because Draven wasn't used in the tournament means he is bad. I main Draven alongside Graves when I play ADC and he is actually really fun to play. He deals tons of damage ( joke intended ) while denying champions escape if you're good at chaining your W with your Q. He is, however, really hard to play and you need focus when playing him, since you gotta catch his axes. He can also be shut down really hard by stuns, slows, exhaust, pretty much any forms of CC. That's why you will usually take cleanse over ignite on Draven, to counter that weakness a bit since your passive is already a form of ignite.

For the OP, i think you're trying to decide on a ADC, and I think Ezreal, Graves, and Vayne are some of the strongest ADC's right now. Caitlyn and Draven are also good picks. Go with Ezreal since he is cheaper right now and I think much easier to play than Draven.

Artifictional

12-05-2012

Draven has absolutely the strongest early game of any champion
he relies on taking an early advantage and snowballing hard into mid game and ending the match fast
Ezrael is more balanced and reliable throughout mid and late game and doesnt require early game snowballing to be effective
Graves is the tankiest ad carry and can bully other ads out lane and build up a hefty gold lead
Caitlyn has the longest auto attack range and a strong passive that build off her aas
Ashe has an amazing late game kit and can kite like no other
Kog maw is an incredible hyper carry that requires a near full build to be effective but can decimate an entire team in an incredibly brief time period
Vayne gets work done like no other champ when it comes to late game
Varus has a great kit for cc and bonus damage, and is incredibly effective in poke comps
Tristana has the longest late game aa range, a great passive that refreshes cooldowns and outstanding mobility and attack speed
Corki is incredibly mobile and has a nice true damage passive and armor shred, as well as insane range on his rockets and a q that grants vision
Sivir is incredibly underrated, has great strength at all phases of the game, and has amazing survivability thanks to spellshield
Picking an adc relies on playstyle, no one adc is inherently the best, and each has favorable and unfavorable matchups
EDIT: I FORGOT TWITCH AND URGOT (thanks Sereg Anfaug) and also Miss Fortune
Twitch is another late game monster who relies on superior positioning as well has his passive to apply damage that his abilities then scale off of. his ultimate WILL absolutely change a team fight
Urgot is actually an Anti-Carry whose sole purpose in life is shutting down whichever champion is carrying the enemy team with his high poke and cc kit. He appliees an ad debuff and slow
Miss Fortune is a high AOE and CC carry that relies on her passive mobility and high damage q to poke down enemies in order to kill them with her high damage cone aoe ult

Sereg Anfaug

12-05-2012

You forgot Twitch and Urgot =P

OP, I really don't recommend buying a champion with RP - save your RP for skins, and use your IP for champions.

That said, I recommend Ezreal over Draven.

Lone Leone

12-05-2012

is diana worth it my friend says she is op
Forgot to mention any champ can be recommended even not adc but i like them a little bit but i like to deal damage as fast as i could like if they escape ill just use ignite and they death or their own kind of dot
and is draven easier than ezreal

Lone Leone

12-06-2012

bump

Scoteecopter

12-06-2012

Ezreal is by far one of my favorite champions. I bought him long ago before they buffed him to make him as viable as he is now. I definitely recommend him.

Draven is a lot of fun as well so if you feel you enjoy him, by all means get him. That is two AD carries though, so perhaps you may wish to get a champion that fills a different role. (Or if you enjoy AD carries, by all means get both.)

Generally I buy most of my champions with IP. However, every so often I'll buy some RP just to let it sit around. When a champion I want goes on sale, I will snag them. Just having that small pot of RP has allowed me to save a lot on champions over time.

Arythius

12-06-2012

Diana. If you buy her, she's not that hard to play. Hit her Q, ultimate in, bring them back, shield, repeat if necessary.

(Also Xin Zhao, but he's not 6300 IP. I would recommend only using RP for 4800-6300 IP champions.)

Niqqa Wat Da Fuk

12-06-2012

Vayne..