Be prepared for cheap, aggressive play

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OptimusKhan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-23-2009

I believe that using any method to win is the right way to play. It is also my belief that assuming your opponent will do the same is just as important. I want to get the message out to my fellow LoL gamemates to spread the word on dirty tricks, how to do them, and start discussions on how to avoid them.

Blitzcrank/Heimerdinger Jungle exploitation

I came across a premade that included
Blitzcrank
Heimerdinger
Annie
Nunu
Ashe

Purple team's Blitzcrank and Heimer took top, Annie/Nunu paired mid, and ashe solo'd bottom. Heimerdinger/Blitzcrank agressively took ground. Once the first blue top tower was down, they all but abandoned the lane for ganks. Heimerdinger put his turrets in a cluster in the jungle only one wall deep from the top lane, directly opposite blue's small neutral pack. From there, blitz would hookshot them through the wall into a stun-grenade combo, while the turrets added massive dps. Heimer's defensive ability and Blitzcrank's disabling provided a fierce lane presence, and the help from Nunu/Annie's AoE dominance provided strong anti-teamgank support... not to mention Ashe's arrow. This is a great cheap trick to pull against unsuspecting PuGs to seize an early advantage. The best part is, we got wise and didn't fall for their bait, but had no choice but to lose presence elsewhere in the map. This strategy can be adopted at a number of locations, and late game proved to be just as viable as early, since Heimer's turrets are so mobile.

Xocolatl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-23-2009

Wow.. that's some really impressive strat. It'd be tough to deal with that.
For once I'm glad I play Janna, since I can spam my frigging Howling Gale in from a map away into the turret nest and flush them out.

Vamprski

Adjudicator

11-23-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusKhan View Post
It is my belief that playing to win
Stopped reading here.

If I've learn anything from my years of gaming, it's that you play to have fun. You shouldn't play for anything else, ever.

If you like to play to win, and that's fun for you, go ahead.

But this tends to cause a lot of stress, as you are giving yourself the opportunity to fail.

Ravage Savage

11-23-2009

I'm sorry but why would you play a game, or be involved in anything competitive, to lose? It doesn't make sense anyway you look at it.

You can still have fun in a game you lost, that is fine, but if you seriously enjoy yourself as much losing as you do winning please stop joining games. It is tards like this who say "lol I play for fun" when you ask them to stop feeding at level 8 with 0-7 who make the game not fun.

Really what they are saying is, "I am incompentent and feed regularly so have given up trying to win - I derive most of my pleasure now from annoying my team"

OptimusKhan

Recruiter

11-23-2009

Hey guys,

I admit that playing should be done for fun, but my intent by the first sentence was one of: "I believe that using any method to win is the right way to play."

Edit made, lets get this back on track.

Sorry for the controversy!

Zaouron

11-23-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravage Savage View Post
I'm sorry but why would you play a game, or be involved in anything competitive, to lose? It doesn't make sense anyway you look at it.

You can still have fun in a game you lost, that is fine, but if you seriously enjoy yourself as much losing as you do winning please stop joining games. It is tards like this who say "lol I play for fun" when you ask them to stop feeding at level 8 with 0-7 who make the game not fun.

Really what they are saying is, "I am incompentent and feed regularly so have given up trying to win - I derive most of my pleasure now from annoying my team"
Some people derive joy just from the activity itself, regardless of the outcome. Yes, winning is usually more enjoyable, but losing doesn't bother me either. The main satisfaction i get is watching opposing players get pummeled by my cannons. Gotta love the pirate laugh when it's cast.

I'm going to assume you're one of those players that get all nerd-ragey when someone dies a few times in the first 10 minutes of the game. You then proceed to tell everyone on your team how much better you are than all of them, instead of actually trying to help them learn to play properly.

Ksielvin

11-23-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusKhan View Post
I admit that playing should be done for fun, but my intent by the first sentence was one of: "I believe that using any method to win is the right way to play."
I think that gets readers on the wrong track from the start because it sounds like you're saying the exploiting of bugs is ok. (See some other threads about those.)

The combo you described is a nice way of using champion abilities together. It's not often I see Heimer's turrets described as mobile though.

Voidgolem

11-23-2009

If you happen to be one of those people who play Ashe/Morganna and proceed to ****-talk the other team (which happens to be melee heavy). Please cut yourself.

I would appreciate it >:\

Other than that, I can't think of any good objections to the topic.

MoeRapples

11-23-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidgolem View Post
If you happen to be one of those people who play Ashe/Morganna and proceed to ****-talk the other team (which happens to be melee heavy). Please cut yourself.

I would appreciate it >:\

Other than that, I can't think of any good objections to the topic.
Is Morganna scrubby now or something?

The OP is just saying that working together even if it seems "cheap" (Cry of the noob.) is good.

TrickyCat

11-23-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vamprski View Post
Stopped reading here.

If I've learn anything from my years of gaming, it's that you play to have fun. You shouldn't play for anything else, ever.

If you like to play to win, and that's fun for you, go ahead.

But this tends to cause a lot of stress, as you are giving yourself the opportunity to fail.

Winning is fun. Play 2 win.

www.sirlin.net/ptw