Question about runes for Amumu

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vicious209

11-24-2009

Right now my runes are nearly all +armor runes. I always jungle @ lv 1 and started wondering if i should be using health instead or if im completely off using either of them. Also if i should be using the flat amount runes or the increase per lv ones. Thanks

Teganze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-25-2009

If you're going to be jungling from lvl 1, then I'd assume that the 'flat amount' runes are going to be more beneficial. It'll make your jungling that much easier, and I hypothesise that the easier early-game jungling will translate into lategame benefits which are better than what the 'increase-per-level' runes provide.

However, how do you even jungle from lvl 1 as Amumu? You need to kill the Ancient Golem first (or very early on), because you can't afford to keep making trips back to base for health/mana. Despair at lvl 1 doesn't do enough damage to take that fatty down (even with Smite), and Tantrum also doesn't enough damage to kill the golem fast.

Wappas

11-25-2009

Successful amumu jungling depends on + armor / + cooldown runes and a well set up mastery page. the 9/21/0 is preferred for him but if you aren't level 30 - make sure you fill the defense side first at this provides the most benefits for tanking those creeps early-game.

Jpeg

11-25-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wappas View Post
Successful amumu jungling depends on + armor / + cooldown runes and a well set up mastery page. the 9/21/0 is preferred for him but if you aren't level 30 - make sure you fill the defense side first at this provides the most benefits for tanking those creeps early-game.

^^ + magic men red ruens.

Rommy

11-25-2009

What is Jungling exactly? Sorry, I'm new to the terms this community uses.

Jpeg

11-25-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommy View Post
What is Jungling exactly? Sorry, I'm new to the terms this community uses.
jungling is: instead of staying in the lane to gain xp/gold, kililng the neutral "creep" spawns around the map.

http://solomid.net/forums/index.php?...ngling-warwick

Rawb

11-25-2009

Teganze, You take tantrum first. I usually need heal and smite for my summoner skills, and you just focus on the golem and let the tantrums do the damage to the mini lizards. You end up cutting it very close without any runes though.

Also, Armor+ runes should be more than good for jungling with amumu since the damage should be cut down pretty significantly, and it's the most beneficial for the end of the game. You may want some cd reduction runes though so you can use his ult more than every 3 minutes though.

Vicious209

11-25-2009

Alright thank you to everyone for answering my question looks like i was on the right path to begin with