Support Lux - Is it Viable now?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zodai

12-04-2012

With the rise of some new support masteries, along with the new item Shard of True Ice - I'm beginning to feel that Support Lux may begin to become viable.

While I'm not entirely certain on the specifics - your opinions people?

Noogums

Recruiter

12-05-2012

I main support and I've been thinking about this. The new Pickpocket ability combined with Shard of True Ice, cheaper warding (Sightstone), and cheaper sustain (Crystalline Flask), item-dependent champions are going to be highly viable, provided the appropriate playstyle.

Now, I'm speaking purely theory here, but to make it work, you would need to poke almost every Pickpocket CD, build Kage's immediately after Sightstone, and play extremely aggressive in lane for assists. If all of those happen, with the higher passive gold gain and utility gold, to be entirely honest, you should be able to switch AP Carry mode for mid game team fighting. This opens up new doors to tons of other possibilities beyond Lux, as well.

Ethri

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2012

I think support Lux was already viable when played well. It basically makes it a poke lane, which is good to counter kill lanes with no sustain.

FaerKhan

12-05-2012

It always was viable as Ethri said, as long as you were good enough at landing clutch shields and snares.