How do you feel about the current magic/armor penetration system?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eloquid

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeefJerkyHunter View Post
It's been evident that RIOT's been pushing for faster paced games for a while but I feel like this change in particular has gone a bit overboard. All champions die very quickly now regardless if they have bought defensive items.
I'm just saying how I feel, I don't want to describe why because I'm too lazy.

Now, what about you guys?
I don't get it how smaller amount of gold from minions contribute to faster and more agressive gaming. And more dying.... It'll all only contribute to even more conservative game and longer farming phase. It's not on the topic, but 3v3 games already are more boring and longer.

BeefJerkyHunter

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eloquid View Post
I don't get it how smaller amount of gold from minions contribute to faster and more agressive gaming. And more dying.... It'll all only contribute to even more conservative game and longer farming phase. It's not on the topic, but 3v3 games already are more boring and longer.
In general RIOT's been pushing for faster games via champion fights.
I can't recall past changes, but many of them were in favor of increasing the pace of the game. Go look up some of the past patch preview videos and you'll see them talking about quickening the pace of the game.

MyDeadGrandma

12-05-2012

Shift your playstyle from 'build armor/mr to counter X' to 'play smart, time your initiates, watch your cooldowns, and where possible, try to avoid damage instead of soaking it'.

Win games.

And it probably feels overboard because the aura is still in effect. We can say goodbye to that come dec 11.

Lindre

12-05-2012

Yeah, played a Malphite yesterday with 200+ Armor/MR. Died almost as fast as a glass cannon Ashe. It was fun. -_-

Euthrosyne

12-05-2012

We knew this was coming, but to experience it first hand...

Now that damage mitigation is in tatters, will tanks simply have to build damage to remain relevant, if they can't even tank? >>

Also, it's amusing where all the hubbub about BFT went. Did AP get a shorter end of the stick with this new season?

Skulleer

12-05-2012

I think it's great. Garen/Mao/Darius etc. building all defense and camping a turret was broken before. Now we at least have a shot at unseating them with less than the whole team.

MMKH

12-05-2012

The time of tanky derps is over. The time of instagib has begun.

Nyx87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
The best build in the universe.

I can only imagine Ashe with a similar build. Volley giving AoE armor shred sound hilarious, I must try this!

konfetarius

12-05-2012

Quote:
More like "wish we were allowed to have HP items in Dominion".
You mean Black Cleavers? Hue.

Quote:
The time of tanky derps is over. The time of instagib has begun.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMelop-_RbM

Quote:
Did AP get a shorter end of the stick with this new season?
How should I put this.... why get AP when Pantheon now deals Zyra levels of AoE damage?

But look on the bright side people! Kha'Zix/Kassadin are probably less OP now!

All in all, though, once Black Cleaver stacking gets fixed, it shouldn't be as bad (unless Cleaver/Whisper/Ghostblade/Brutalizer turns out to be silly as well). The breakpoint for true damage with just Cleaver/Lastwhisper/rune/masteries is about 115 armor. That.. doesn't strike me as "zomg end of the world." That's someone building two armor busting items, it should take two armor items to see some damage reduction happening.

Redenbacher

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
The best build in the universe.

4 BCs doesn't give you more stacks though, correct? The debuff only stacks up to four times, so with 4 BCs, you would simply hit that cap instantly. I mean, it reduces just about everything to zero, so AD casters are going to become insane - but the build has no crit.