What TT and Dom really need

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Warlord Buwberry

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2012

The "Dominion needs ranked" has been brought up about 1000 times, so i won't beat a dead horse, however Dominion and TT need a certain type of ranked over the other. If Dominion had ranked teams, I'm not sure how many new teams would come to play against the already strong teams. Being a member of PECS, only PD, BPB, and maybe Enema could beat us and we can already currentely just custom game and fight each other at any time.

That being said Ranked Dominion/TT Solo/Duo would bring alot of players to play it because it has the #1 thing going for it. It can be done alone, at any time, and people love to get to high elo to show off their epeen. TBH 99% of players play LoL alone/duo alot and having a solo ranked mode is 99% more important then a team ranked mode. Once the balance of dominion is resettled over the course of the coming weeks from the new S3 items, it'd be something worth looking into.

I can prove an example with SR preseason 1. Before Season 1 SR, Shaco, Soraka, Heimer, Shen were extremely overpowered and the players showed riot that they were when season 1 hit by banning them 95% of the time for the first 3-4 months until they were nerfed. Team play in ranked teams was not introduced until later and even til this day most of those teams have 20 games or less in ranked teams, therefore nobody plays that que.

Solo/Duo would bring out better players and they would figure out what the top(I'm assuming 8) banned champs should be and the ones that are over rated OP.

Currentely Imo, this is the state of dominion balanced by class.

Ranged Ad- Strong late, but can die really fast without good positioning. Don't give in to the non pros blade 600 hp ranged ad's that complain they die too fast to bruisers. They're bad and will always complain, because they don't rune/mastery/build right and thinking stacking all PD's is the meta or something.

Ranged Ap- Pretty balanced now, a bit on the strong side and "Certain" ap champs abuse the BFT DoT, but overall can hold their own now and could just use a few tweaks.

Assassins- Cleaver Hero's, Will have to wait until after nerf/new blackcleaver dom, but clearly Overpowered with cleaver stacking. Very Balanced other wise

Bruisers- Same as above/ stop complain bruisers are OP, they are not. Learn to kite if your a squishie.

Tanks- "YOUUUUUUU SHALLLLLL NOTTTTTTT PASSSSSSS!. Jax wields duel cleaver. "OHHHH OKKK YOU CAN PASS JUST DON"T SHRED MY ARMOR .!!!!!!
Otherwise very balanced, and a staple in Dominion.

Support- Very balanced- are weakened due to cleaver meta as their protection goes to nil. Once Cleaver balanced, should be fine

Thx Riot Nome for all your work at fixing dominion and we all would like to be more help in the future towards our goals of having a thriving community.

urmamasllama

12-06-2012

it really is getting there BFT doesn't seem near as bad anymore but then again. dat cleaver :/
it really feels like everything nome has done even if it was over the top has been in the right direction. besides going past whats balanced lets us and him see the other side of the coin which im sure has helped nome greatly in finding the right middle ground

Damieh

12-07-2012

This needs more upvotes. Specially because he thanks riotnome instead of complaining for not adding ranked or what he wants to be added =).

Nyx87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2012

I agree with most of this. The new items have made a lot of champs viable again. However, a few things are being overshadowed by lolblackcleaver that are a bit on the strong side.

Deathfire Grasp(as much as i love it) is out of line again. AP assassins like Eve, Fizz, Leblanc and even Morde use it to great effect. It's also less of a niche item than before since it always does Max % HP and can be used outside of a burst rotation just for some extra damage.

Iceborn gauntlet lets anyone who was good at kiting a god at it, particularly Supports and Ranged AD/AP. They can kite entire teams now with this item. We will see how it unfolds.

Overall, I love the item changes and they are clearly leading to a better Dominion which i enjoy thoroughly. Nice job Riot and RiotNome.

Kiddalee

12-09-2012

I agree that Solo Ranked will attract a larger queue than Ranked Teams. You don't have to get all the right people together every time you want to play solo queue.

trustmeimdoctor

12-10-2012

Great post. I would love to play Dominion solo queue.