More Cleavers!!!!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

otirruborez

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyGothic View Post
Continuing the theme of "lol AD champs, say hello to my Blackfire Torch" -> "lol casters, say hello to my Black Cleaver", I propose the next item should be for tanks.

Blackfirecleave Heart:
+100 armour.
+75 magic resist.
+300 health.
Passive: Your armour and magic resist are no longer subject to penetration or reduction effects.

It would be a good counter to BFT and BC! That's what we're begging for, right? Right?

need some kind of croc dundee photoshops with the knife scene.

you call that a knife??

Mad Suppordle

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnBuwberry View Post
8% Pen Talents
12% armor penetration aura
30% Black Cleaver(NOT to mention these can stack)
15% Win Zhao/Wukong
56 flat Armor pen/ghostblade/Cleaver/Runes

Grand Total of 65% armor pen + 56 Flat pen = 0 armor. GG riot, test your **** before xin zhao 3 Q and dead combo's people.

100 armor-65%=45-56= -11 armor
200 armor-65%=70-56= 14 armor
300 armor-65%=135-56= 79 armor
Its worse actually, even though its multiplicative, if you put last whisper in there.

30% shred from cleaver, 35% pen from last whisper, 12% aura, 8% mastery
then additonal 25-30% shred from j4, wk etc.

gives you 73%+ shred/pen before flat pen.

I just played a Sona game, build iceborn, frozen heart, had 230 armor. Ran into a Jarmander, he has a built in 26% shred, 2x cleaver and whisper.

230 armor with 73% reduction is 53. With the flat pen from double cleavers and runes/masteries, I had 0 armor for having build 230. Literally 0 armor for 2 major armor items.

otirruborez

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimike View Post
Its worse actually, even though its multiplicative, if you put last whisper in there.

30% shred from cleaver, 35% pen from last whisper, 12% aura, 8% mastery
then additonal 25-30% shred from j4, wk etc.

gives you 73%+ shred/pen before flat pen.

I just played a Sona game, build iceborn, frozen heart, had 230 armor. Ran into a Jarmander, he has a built in 26% shred, 2x cleaver and whisper.

230 armor with 73% reduction is 53. With the flat pen from double cleavers and runes/masteries, I had 0 armor for having build 230. Literally 0 armor for 2 major armor items.

build more armor items than he has pen items =)

anyways when you see people stacking these penetration items just forget about armor and try to kill them faster.

Mad Suppordle

12-05-2012

Well, it used to be that you could still have armor even when people stacked pen, as long as you invested in armor and didn't go for a token armor piece.

Now armor is basically 100% useless. Not a fan of that design idea.

Orphane

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyGothic View Post
Continuing the theme of "lol AD champs, say hello to my Blackfire Torch" -> "lol casters, say hello to my Black Cleaver", I propose the next item should be for tanks.

Blackfirecleave Heart:
+100 armour.
+75 magic resist.
+300 health.
Passive: Your armour and magic resist are no longer subject to penetration or reduction effects.

It would be a good counter to BFT and BC! That's what we're begging for, right? Right?
I suggest a revision.

Blackened Heart
Passive: Damage you take is reduced to 0.

urmamasllama

12-05-2012

buwberry did it wrong

first off pen now goes
% reduction
flat reduction
%penetration
flat penetration

secondly % reduction and penetration stack multiplicatively

i don't have time right now to show you the correct math

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by urmamasllama View Post
buwberry did it wrong

first off pen now goes
% reduction
flat reduction
%penetration
flat penetration

secondly % reduction and penetration stack multiplicatively

i don't have time right now to show you the correct math
f buberry's calculations leave you at 0 armor by msifactoring the oorder what do you think would happen with your order?, Negative armor, i don't know the exact way of getting negative armor but i know it caps at -20 and AMplifies damage (damage yout ake is amplified by a %)
SO yeah BFt was somewhat Ok because it helped some mages while made strong picks Op, but those picks weren't neccessarily OP, the problem here is that the bruiser class as a whole is tremendously broken, and they gave them an item to break them even further..

Redenbacher

12-05-2012

Wait a tick... I'm missing the part where having armor is useless.

You need armor just to get back to zero, or the flat pen will put you in the negatives.

BTW, Corki's armor shred and the new Black Cleaver will make him incredibly deadly.

That being said, I think it goes to show that you need HP + Armor instead of just armor.

Lindre

12-05-2012

Oh, so that's why even with 200+ armor/MR I was getting hit as if I had zero armor/MR yesterday. Armor went from being overpowered, to being almost useless in a single patch

Fun.

I'm no game designer, but I honestly have to wonder how broken **** like this manages to make it past both the designers, QA, and PTR testing to live. I mean, really? Come on.

boomshackalak

12-05-2012

You can only get negative armor through flat armor reduction, not through armor pen. I guess stacking Giant's Belts would be the way to go now.