So. Separation Anxiety; How to deal?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xBaron Nashorx

12-05-2012

I got so smashed last night, i actually threw up. I probably should not have switched brands... this new one i found is only labelled 1% stronger but gawd.... it's stronnngggg like KO an alcoholic strong.

I only had 1 glass over about 4 hours :S proper glass tho so around 375mil / pint.

dogbiter

12-05-2012

play the entire legacy of kain saga

Logios

12-06-2012

OP might have some co-dependency issues, when my girlfriend goes out of town I couldn't be more excited. Getting to hang with the guys and not having to hear about how Tammy in HR is "fake" and "jealous" for 3 whole weeks is like heaven.

Logios

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDancingDead View Post
She's a nympho? The girl first spoken about?

If so... I'd say walk away.
This, so much this.

There are so many red flags brought up in this thread (being a "nymph", giving him a "hall pass", etc, not able to be separate for a month). I can't imagine all the crazyness he's not telling us about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBaron Nashorx View Post
Just because someone has a disability, doesn't mean they can't live life normally or have proper relationships dude.
No one is saying they can't, but it takes work, work I'm willing to bet she hasn't even started. Getting involved with a crazy broad isn't going to help her condition and can only make things worse. Of course crazy people tend to pick crazy people so I imagine it's a two way interstate of nuts over there.

Runix

12-06-2012

I realize this isn't much help to the OP, but: you really shouldn't be separated from your significant other for any more than a few days. Yes, "separation anxiety" is a potentially serious condition, but technically, it refers to people who cannot be away from a family member for more a few hours; feeling anxiety after being separated for weeks or months is totally normal.

The city I live in has a lot of very career-oriented people and a lot of "power couples" who spend weeks or months apart as they pursue their educations, careers, etc. Then it comes out that someone has an affair off to the side, and woah! who could have seen that coming, then it's a bitter fight at the divorce court.

Being away from your partner for a long period of time - "long" being more than a few days - is bad news and will be trouble for the relationship. In some cases like extended illness or military deployment it can't be avoided, but in all other cases it should be avoided if at all possible. Somebody who takes a business assignment or a school admission that she knows will take her away from you is not serious about the relationship; likewise, somebody who schedules a month or more with her family without inviting you along is not entirely serious about the relationship.

More than the problems that come with separation - and there are serious problems that do come - it should be seen as a warning sign that both partners may not be at the same level of commitment to the relationship. A "hall pass" isn't going to fix that, and chances are very good it will make things much worse.

Also, if your significant other has, shall we say, as much of an appetite for attention as you imply, it is very likely that she has deeper issues. If so, I hope she is getting professional help.

And finally, take it easy with the drinking. I will echo the suggestions of other people here: find something to keep yourself occupied, something that will get your attention and that you can spend your energy on. Physical exercise is good, as is reading a good book, watching interesting movies, trying to figure out how to be relevant as a jungler in LoL S3, etc.

Gazzi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBaron Nashorx View Post
That's the typical responce many people have regarding disabilities tho. I can appreciate how life affecting that attitude is, because i'm technicalyl disabled myself with adhd and aspergers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBJZw...=youtu.be&t=6s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runix View Post
I realize this isn't much help to the OP, but: you really shouldn't be separated from your significant other for any more than a few days...
Being away from your partner for a long period of time - "long" being more than a few days - is bad news and will be trouble for the relationship.
...no.

xBaron Nashorx

12-06-2012

Lol Gazzi nice link... have never seen something so annoying but you're so ready to rewatch it.

@Runix thanks, yeah, I know and i appreciate your words. I pretty much just couldn't afford to go interstate with her at the time. Now i can, so i'll be there next week. I was mostly fine for 2 almost 3 weeks, but leading up to the 3rd was like "Dafuq? I feel like i'm unmedicated and deprived of nicotine?"
It really was quite a bad feeling. I drank more than i intended to, certainly and that was only because it was an unfamiliar product. I had a touch of edginess last night and drank far less, just to keep that edge off. It worked quite well and is just a temporary band-aide. Like i said, it's mid-week and my mates are busy otherwise i probably would've done just that and caught up with them.

@Logios i'm rather inclined to criticise your own relationship there.... you mean to tell me you can go without seeing her AT ALL for 3 weeks? Do you even live with this woman? Have you even been together longer than 5 minutes? I'm not TRYING to be rude or anything, but please appreciate..... if you can go 3 weeks without missing her AT ALL then realistically you're not in love in the remotest sense. You're in Lust.