So. Separation Anxiety; How to deal?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheDancingDead

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostLaneWonGame View Post
Call up the guys and get a stag party going.

Cause you'll never get a more golden opportunity.
This guy also has a great point.

A good relationship will sustain itself. Get with the guys.

Married 4 years, and ADORE my wife... but she's not another broski. And well, you GOTTA have your own time.

xBaron Nashorx

12-04-2012

I forgot about alcohol. I drink port usually, might just hit that hard >.>
It's middle of the week and mates/family are busy usually.

Thanks for the suggestions tho

TheDancingDead

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBaron Nashorx View Post
I forgot about alcohol. I drink port usually, might just hit that hard >.>
It's middle of the week and mates/family are busy usually.

Thanks for the suggestions tho
Be careful : /

You don't wanna get sad QQ drunk. Then drunk dialing happens, you wonder why nobody answers you the next day, etc. etc..

xBaron Nashorx

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostLaneWonGame View Post
Call up the guys and get a stag party going.

Cause you'll never get a more golden opportunity.
I got a hall pass because she knew it'd be 2-4 weeks. Still, i find it rather odd. I've been out a few times to get groceries etc and seen some real hotties.

But i'm just not interested. Cam4 and some other sites help to get the rocks off but as far as actual *** with another woman? Completely uninterested almost =S

hailmist

12-04-2012

Let it get to you as much as possible. You can't win.

TheDancingDead

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBaron Nashorx View Post
I got a hall pass because she knew it'd be 2-4 weeks. Still, i find it rather odd. I've been out a few times to get groceries etc and seen some real hotties.

But i'm just not interested. Cam4 and some other sites help to get the rocks off but as far as actual *** with another woman? Completely uninterested almost =S
I must have misunderstood stag party. I thought it was a "get together with the boys".

Don't cheat. It's not worth it.

Deathstalker

12-04-2012

Well me and my girlfriend have been together for 4 years and whenever either her or me have to go away for work, I'm usually preoccupied with work but when it gets to those moments where you have nothing to do, the best thing to do is to listen to some music ( relaxing is helpful ), lay down and take a nap, if you can Skype with her instead of sending pictures back and forth its really helpful ( although really not the same ).

But the best thing to do really is to try to get your mind off it for a bit. Try to get together with some friends ( I'm in my mid 20s and most of my friends I used to have are all over the country so its a bit more difficult for me ).

Just try your best to not think about it too much, she will return and you'll be back to your old routine, its not forever man ( although it feels like it sometimes ). It does suck took a long time for me to sort of get used to it :[.

Umbasa

12-04-2012

op starts playing wow to alleviate stress, ends up getting addicted, neglects partner, ends up with nothing.

Aliath

12-04-2012

lol @ drinking port

I cannot relate to this problem, so I cannot offer advice.

Graphika

12-04-2012

try being in a long distance relationship. i haven't seen my boyfriend for a month and won't see him again till at least march or april.

long story short, when i get separation anxiety i tend to call my lover's phone and listen to their voicemail. it's soothing to hear their voice (for me, since i am used to not being with them in person).

pillows are your best friends, they can be good cuddlebuddies and once you smother them enough they're warm. do something time-consuming to avoid thinking about it that requires focus. league doesn't work because of s3 changes? steam has a lot of cheap games for the holidays, or you can always check out free to play mmorpgs since they are very addictive for some people.

when it's late at night i like to look at pictures. i talk to people online a lot, too. a nice way to pass the time is taking on an arts and crafts project or some other kind of project (if you live together, some remodeling or redecorating, or even just moving the furniture around). it's a way to think about them and how they'll react when they get home. learn how to cook a new meal, etc. something simple that you want to show/give her when she gets home will pass the time and make you feel better.

i like to watch movies if i can't find anything else to do. romantic comedies make me all bubbly, but i also watch gore-filled horror and snuff films if i don't want to get lonely. reading a good book might help if you're that kind of person. sometimes i like to just think about what i'll do next time i see them.