Potential Kog Build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheZooblord

Member

12-04-2012

So I have a Kog item build I've been experimenting on with bots.

Berserker's Greaves (+15 MS enchant)
Hurricane
Malady
Nashor's Tooth
Lilandry's Torment
Rabadon's Deathcap OR Guardian Angel.

Runes and Masteries: Not really a factor atm because I only have a tank rune page, and I suck at optimizing masteries (was just using AS/AP masteries in general, lots of offense some utility)

So basically I ended up with 2.42 AS, 120 AD, 350 AP with Rabadon (240 I think without), and my W did 10% max hp per autoattack with rabadons 8% without.

Soooo this means you are doing ~2.5 attacks per second, 10% max hp * 2.5 = 25% max hp per second, plus Lilandry burning people for (5 * 2.5) 12.5% of their current hp per second or 25% if they are movement impaired (void ooze!). Plus Malady's ~20?ish magic damage per AA. Plus about 68 magic pen (lilandry + malady + Q) just from the items. On three targets at once, because hurricane.

No particular build order, I am not that great on figuring out efficient build order.

So what do you guys think about the viability of this build? It seems to do okay against bots.

And GA or Rabadon's? GA is of course GA but nerfs your W down to 20% max hp/sec (8%/attack) from 25% (10%).

Edit: Maybe 6th item should be a Gunblade for some sustain/after fight hp refill? Not sure...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Da Best

Junior Member

12-04-2012

Trying this in ranked.

#dgafifworksornot


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SodiumAzide

Senior Member

12-05-2012

Too much AS, drop zerks for sorcs and drop nashors for a tank AP item. Kogmaw is so innately fast and hurricane is so powerful you are sitting near 2.0 attacks a second with only malady and hurricane.

EDIT: also be aware that any iteration of ap koggles is an absolute mana pig. Unless you are planning on building full on hit, which means you should be considering different items entirely. Consider tear and later manamune as an investment or at least come up with some way to mitigate his mana costs

EDIT2: did some mathcraffting and based based on hitting a decently tanky target with 2500 health and an even 100/100 in armor and MR a your best bet is going to be muramana, liandry's, void staff, malady, hurricane and sorcs. It does something like 890 raw DPS to the primary target and 730 raw to each secondary. Adjusted damage is something like 635 dps primary, 555 DPS to secondaries. You will be blowing through mana like no ones business and you will not be happy if someone says hello up close and personal, but with a powerful poke and near on 1800 DPS across the enemy team no one should care.

Now if you swap the muramana for an AA/Seraphs, your magic damage actually stays about the same with the toggle on but it gives you more defensive options and staying power, it also boosts your E and Q higher. Though due to AD sacling on your ulti you round off pretty even in terms ulti damage.

Here is the thing though. Between your Q, and malady, which I did not include you should be close to true damage on anyone that looks at you funny. It takes about 2 seconds to kill a carry. Less if you consider the fact that your powerful Mpen allows you to chunk them with spells for more than a thousand damage. (true damage on MR below appx 125, hyper true damage on any fool who has less than 50 MR, QE combo is 750 damage, each subsequent R is 440, with a good 800 sustained DPS waiting when they step into range. Note that muramana procs on q and can add to 120 extra damage.)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arch4ik

Senior Member

12-05-2012

What you need to build on Kog, is a Nunu support. He will get you fed. My friend and I went Kog/Nunu and beat the hell out of our lane 90% of the time. the other 10% is when ADC was picked by someone else. Trust me, the slows and that shred is redonkulous.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-05-2012

Remember that you have to be able to GET THERE, which means more consideration taking to laning items and sustain and stuff.

This is why onhit Kog was discarded in favor of ole boring Dorans/IE/PD builds.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheZooblord

Member

12-05-2012

Thanks for the input! Taking all this into consideration, I'll have to play around some more


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SodiumAzide

Senior Member

12-05-2012

Btw this is not a duo bot build. Its an AP mid role as you are a magic damage carry.

General build order is, tear, boots, haunting guise, sorcs, malady, manamune, hurricane then chose between finishing liandry's or building void.

If you want more single target/spell damage go with nashors over hurricane.