Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

what to buy on leona?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ataahiya

12-04-2012

just wondering. after playing a few games i feel ill be going for locket of the iron solari and then shurelyas. i also feel like im having more trouble getting gold now as a tank/melee support, any suggestions?

Sereg Anfaug

12-04-2012

Far as I can tell, the new support build is Philo, Kage's, Ward item(don't remember the name... sightstone maybe?), Aegis, and maybe that promote banner thing.
Philo into SR, Kage's into the AP active item, Ward into ruby ward thing, Aegis into the new Aegis upgrade.

Boots are still the same(Ionic, Mercs, Tabi) - looks like the Captain enchantment is the ideal support one.

I actually haven't needed to play a support yet since the update - lots of people are trying it out, so it's less avoided then before. As a result, my thoughts are based on my evaluation of the new item lists.

Noogums

Recruiter

12-04-2012

I go: Boots/2 Wards + Biscuit/Explorer Ward > Sightstone > Crystalline Flask > Ruby Sightstone > Merc Treads > Emblem of Valor > Homeguard Enchant > Aegis > Bulwark. From there, build what the team needs aura-wise.

Ataahiya

12-05-2012

so far what ive found works best is getting the flask and 3 wards, going philo, boots 1, getting pieces of locket like kindlegem, finishing merc treds, finishing locket, then going for shurelyas and building situationally.

i find the sightstone actually not useful/viable early game. its too expensive and i can only get 2 wards out of it. before the patch i would typically be buying 3 wards each back anyway. its not as if the sightstone saves me from filling an item slot or anything. if i get the sightstone its after laning.

edit - what i meant by the sightstone taking up an item slot was that if i want to ward 3 places and have the sightstone i now have to take up 2 item slots for that instead of the just 1 slot for 3 wards

Shibuya Boy

12-05-2012

I actually won't get the sightstone at all. I find just buying wards works better for me since I like to have complete vision.

Ataahiya

12-05-2012

i still consistently find myself very low on gold, even when i do very well in lane. i think i have to get kages now too in my build.

Noogums

Recruiter

12-05-2012

If you're still having gold problems, may I ask if you're running GP/10 Quints? I did before the update and still do, still works and helps just as well.

Ataahiya

12-05-2012

i use MS quints

acosn

12-05-2012

Quote:
kalarani:
i use MS quints

This is a waste.

You really should be starting with boots on Leona because she needs to make her plays early game to stay relevant in mid game and beyond.

Typically on Leona I run armor reds and yellows, MR blues, and GP10 quints.

Noogums

Recruiter

12-05-2012

Yes, I'd recommend switching it up to GP10 Quints, I run them on every support page I have.