Dealing with Caitlyn as Vayne

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShadowCircus

12-04-2012

I have been playing Vayne for a while now and I have decided to use her over my previous favorite ADC. The only thing I am having difficulties fighting against Caitlyn because of her vastly superior range. It almost goes without saying what happens next; I get camped at the turret and can not farm effectively enough to do what needs to be done and I get killed because of it.

Anyway, if you fellow Vayne players(all 3 of you) have some tips or strategies on dealing with this sheriff from hell, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

In IPL, lane swaps were used to keep Vayne away from Caitlyn until she was able to scale up a bit more.

At all but very high ELOs, you're probably not going to see people willing to lane swap, and even if they are, it's gonna be a rough 2v1 for your teammate. Your best bet is to avoid ADCing as Vayne unless the other team's ADC has already come out.

Another thing you can try is to have your support pick Nunu. Bloodboil will help close the gap and let you avoid being kited quite as easily, and Nunu can also slow her to further increase the advantage. On top of that, it prevents Nunu from supporting her, which is even worse for you.

Vindicoth

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sereg Anfaug View Post
In IPL, lane swaps were used to keep Vayne away from Caitlyn until she was able to scale up a bit more.

At all but very high ELOs, you're probably not going to see people willing to lane swap, and even if they are, it's gonna be a rough 2v1 for your teammate. Your best bet is to avoid ADCing as Vayne unless the other team's ADC has already come out.

Another thing you can try is to have your support pick Nunu. Bloodboil will help close the gap and let you avoid being kited quite as easily, and Nunu can also slow her to further increase the advantage. On top of that, it prevents Nunu from supporting her, which is even worse for you.

Good advice.

Thats about as best as you're gonna get OP.

GenghisKlown

12-05-2012

Just FYI, if caitlyn pushes the lane to your tower, it is the best case for you, learn to cs under the tower and you'll be great. The problem would be if she froze the lane WHILE zoning you. Then the other tips applies.

MaxAltair

12-05-2012

Let her push, then run against her use Q and then Condem her against the turret. First blood for u

Of course if you fail in this step, you will regret it, so try it at your own risk!