The New Update

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AndrewXIII

12-04-2012

So, I, along with many other summoners out there, feel that the latest patch was a big mistake. This comes from several observations, so I think I'll make a list.
--The Jungle
The jungle changes in this last patch seem to highly limit the junglers usefulness. While this is not an entirely bad thing, most players still are playing in such a way that requires a certain proficiency in the jungle. The slow speed of the early jungle makes it so that the jungler is almost forced into buying the gold per 10 items (I'll touch on items in a bit). While it has not changed as a dynamic, ganking, is harder, as the lanes seem to level up faster than the jungle, making ganking top or mid especially hard. Or diving a low hp target nearly impossible. The changes made in the jungle, in my opinion, hurt the game dynamic, and while I'm all for change, you went in the wrong direction, drastically changing a system of the game that player expect to be more fluid.
--Summoner's Rift
In general the change to minion gold values is fine. Despite this, the new kill streak gold amounts seem a move in the wrong direction. By increasing the scale by which the kill streak gold increases, a single lucky kill can change the game much faster than before. Snowball champions will profit more than ever by this, especially in the bot lane scenario, where one team may shut down the other, and then one turns the whole lane around (look at vayne for instance, one kill or decent farm and she is incredibly strong).
--Items
Again, I am fairly happy with some item additions or improvements. I really like the spirit stones, as they allow for a late game ward item for supports. However, you moved away from items players liked, namely Force of Nature. YOu also added a plethera of items that seem to be cross-over items, fitting multiple roles. These are interesting, but I feel that there may have been too many all at once, and too many seem to have passives or actives that are less imprtant than other older items.
--The Shop
Okay, WHAT THE __________ . This was perhaps the worst thing ever done to LoL. the new interface for the shop is clunky, confusing, and looks just aweful. It seems to take up too much room on the interface, despite chaning the settings. The items trees offered seem poorly done. And the worst part, is the recomended items. Before they were very neatly lined up at the top of the page. Now you are required to scroll all over, click multiple times, and when added to the new items there is way too much reading to do in the confines of a game that is often known for its action based play.
--The DOTA element
Overall, I cannot help but feel that this patch was an attempt to move the game towards DOTA2. The shop, jungle (minus the eatable trees), and even some of the new options in masteries like the pastery and ward in utility seem lazy. Rather than change a game in an attmept to appeal to an audiance that you may not have, focus of your current players and those who are veterans of the game. This is LoL not DoTA.

Riot Games, Please revert back to the old system for the jungle and shop. While most of us don't mind experimenting with the game, such radical changes are not good. If you have any desire to remain one of the best games, you must remember to think about your players who have played for a while.

Regards,
A very concerned and upset summoner

Fck SoloQSupport

12-04-2012

yea i really dont like league anymore, not even fun

adc

12-04-2012

Actually, the pastry was because of TotalBiscuit. He hit the referral count that promised him an in game item, so that's his.

dr3dg3

12-04-2012

This is probably the most civil and tolerable thread I've seen expressing discontent toward the update. I agree that it's getting uncomfortably close to DOTA, but personally like the new UI and shop. However, it IS very radical, and that concerns me. Whereas I may be skeptical toward THIS much change, as most of us probably are, I'm confident that major issues will be worked out and the game will continue to be amazing.

ChiSqrd

12-04-2012

Yes! Please revert to the old jungle! The junglers job is to gank and get their lanes ahead. The new jungle makes this harder.

MarioSantiage

12-05-2012

Agreed, A lot to absorb at once for more casual gamer like me...

Too many active in my opinion for new items... Increased skillcap, maybe. Active are only abilities applicable too all champions and we already have similar (overlaping, like singed and volibear fling for example) abilities between champions due to a large number of them (which is understandable since you can't create infinite way to do same things), On top of thay I think active on too many items remove some champions abilities to be unique.

Again, just a personal opinion but what i like of LOL is to be a fairly accessible game for everyone with somewhat complex strategies.

Anyways... We'll see!

GFireflyE

12-05-2012

Love the new shop UI. Very easy to find whatever you want to find.

Don't care for the Dota2 look and feel. Too bubblely.

AndrewXIII

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Bottom View Post
Actually, the pastry was because of TotalBiscuit. He hit the referral count that promised him an in game item, so that's his.
Ah, was not aware of that, thanks for letting me know. Despite that, I still think it seems kind of a DOTA-like item. Think of the quick-consume items they have for early game in dota.

Also, I forgot to add that I am dismayed at the lack of heart of gold and madreds bloodrazor. both items were very important for me.

Joe Krake

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DankChi View Post
Yes! Please revert to the old jungle! The junglers job is to gank and get their lanes ahead. The new jungle makes this harder.
That's the point. The jungler can and will still gank. But they took off the pressure of early level ganks. It gives people more incentive to play guys like Warwick.

And with the new jungler they won't really fall off late game because exp and gold comes faster to you in the jungle.

You can still jungle just fine. And with the new items you can actually jungle with more champions, not less.

Maugrymm

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2012

While I'm a little sad about watching a few of my favorite items go (HoG and Madred's were very dear to me), I absolutely LOVE the new HUD and Item Shop. I dig the new items (dat Statikk Shiv) and I think the new jungle is going to open up the doors for more variety in our choice of viable junglers.

OP I feel ya, and you have expressed your points very well, I'm just going to say this: Let's give it a chance and see how we feel about in a week or two. Things are bound to change between now and then, and once the shock of the change has passed, you may find that you actually ENJOY all of these new fantastic changes!